TTC?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy After Loss Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2007, 02:29 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
OK, so most of you know this, but quickly: told I could never have kids, found out by accident that we could, suffered several losses over 2 1/2 years, finally got pregnant with Kannon, and WOOHOO! He made it!

Unfortunately, my health hasn't been great since then, and is a direct result of having Kannon. (Emergency D&E and a raging kidney infection that was entirely mismanaged, landed me in the hospital, almost killed me...again.) Since having Kannon, I've gone back to wacky periods (HEAVY bleeding for 10 days, a few days off, and back to it again). Other reproductive issues are looming as well. The doc is pretty sure that I'm headed for a hysterectomy. My mom had one at 30 or 31 and I'll be 30 in April. Her sisters have had the same issues. We're pretty sure, too, that our state won't let us adopt a child anytime soon, and we're in no position to right now. We're also not in a position to TTC just yet. I feel like time might be running out. By the time we're allowed to adopt, it might be years from now. Even then, we're not sure that they'd allow it. I'm also not sure about TTC, given our current situation and my current repro issues.

What would you ladies do? I don't think that I explained this very well...Kannon is grabbing at everything and trying to lick the computer screen. I think that he thinks the cursor will be tasty...

January 31st, 2007, 03:10 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Gosh, I am so sorry you find yourself in this position... I really don't know what I would do in your position, I think i would figure out what the options are, the pro's & cons of those options, and then go from there....

I *think* if it were me, I would be talking to my ob/gyne/dr about the possibility of TTC again. The fact you've had a healthy baby shows that you *can* have children. Obviously I don't know the in's and outt's of your health problems, so I could be talking out of a hole in my butt here lol....

.... I was told that I probably wouldn't be able to get pregnant naturally, but I got pregnant very naturally lol, so nothing is ever set in concrete!

January 31st, 2007, 03:26 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Quote:
Gosh, I am so sorry you find yourself in this position... I really don't know what I would do in your position, I think i would figure out what the options are, the pro's & cons of those options, and then go from there....

I *think* if it were me, I would be talking to my ob/gyne/dr about the possibility of TTC again. The fact you've had a healthy baby shows that you *can* have children. Obviously I don't know the in's and outt's of your health problems, so I could be talking out of a hole in my butt here lol....

.... I was told that I probably wouldn't be able to get pregnant naturally, but I got pregnant very naturally lol, so nothing is ever set in concrete![/b]
Hehehe...Oh, absolutely! (And, um, way to go on getting pregnant naturally! ) The doc has already said that he doesn't think that it's a great idea. Of course, another doc said, "Sure, go ahead." Another: "Well, you're supposed to wait 18 months." Uh, thanks, guys! I feel like one is too pessimistic, another blew me off, and another quoted her textbook. I think that means that it's really up to us, right?

We KNOW that we can get pregnant...and even carry to term. 2 days over if we're really counting. I guess that I'm a little afraid of more losses, too. I'm afraid of becoming used to that again. When I got pregnant with Kannon, I didn't tell DH at first. I knew that I was implanting on the day it happened. I didn't just hope--I KNEW. I didn't say anything. I figured I'd test at 12 DPO. Pretty dark. I was so depressed because I just assumed the worst. I had my bloodwork done the next day, basically to have the pregnancy documented. I thought that she must have been wrong when she gave me the number!!! I had been preparing to tell DH the worst. I couldn't get excited for such a long time. I refused to talk about "when the baby was born" because I was so convinced that he wouldn't make it. Ugh. Sooo...I guess that I'm afraid to keep going through all of that again.

Then again, it was all completely worth having him. And I have you ladies for support.

I don't know. I'm hoping that we have a couple of months, at least, for my uterus to hold out! I wouldn't mind close pregnancies (prefer it, even). And for as long as it took to get a sticky one, maybe we should just start. It's not the ideal time to HAVE another baby right now, but being pregnant right now wouldn't be so bad. Maybe that's how I have to look at it. If I can get pregnant, by the time a baby were to arrive, we'd be ok. Hmmm...

Hehe. Grrr.

Thanks for the advice...I guess I just want some reassurance that I'm not crazy for considering it in spite of everything!

January 31st, 2007, 04:06 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
(now that i don't have Gaby on my knee, I can reply again!)

Sounds as though there isn't one answer you're going to get from an ob/doctor, so I think it is TOTALLY up to you now! Obviously if getting pregnant was a bad idea, they'd have ALL said so, so if it were me, I would probably be strongly considering TTC again.

I totally get what you mean about being scared of having other losses though. That is one thing that i'm really worried about, when we start TTC again. Though i've only had one m/c and it was very early on, it's still not something I wish to go through again - although I only knew I was pregnant for about 14 days before I lost my little one, it's amazing how quickly you can put all your hopes into it...

I keep worrying about getting pregnant NOW & the fact that Gaby is only 3 months old, but then I remember that by the time a baby would arrive, she would be 12 months old (at least), so it suddenly doesn't sound AS bad!!!

I think in situations like this, there isn't a right or wrong answer, all you can do is what you feel is best for you at the time.. I definately don't think you're crazy for considering TTC! Of course we all have our 'plan', but sometimes we need a 'B', 'C', 'D' ... plan, because life doesn't always happen the way we expect, or want it to...

Let us know what you decide

January 31st, 2007, 05:24 PM
mommytothree
well I'm done. No more kiddos for me. Nope, nada, never. DH is getting the ole snip snip. And I can't say I am unhappy about not having any more. Of course I do have 3 living so I have a very full family. But my last pregnancy was so hard on me physically and emotionally I can't imagine doing another one. even if sadie was my first, I'm not sure I would do it again, but I'm almost 38 too.

Can you look into adopting internationally? I know that a lot of people do that. If not then I would get a second opinion or thied but I know you live in the middle off nowhere and that might be hard. I guess I might just let what will happen, happen - after you recover from your infections. from experience I'd say wait 18 mos - I have two close together and it was hard. it is much easier having them be 3 and 4 then when soph was on;y 17 mos.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search