How do you figure out shipping?

Forum: Swap Shop - For sale by mommy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Swap Shop - For sale by mommy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2009, 03:27 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
I have only sent a few packages in the mail, and i never knew what the shipping cost would be until i got to the post office or UPS store.

I will be having a bunch of clothes to sell soon, as soon as i find out what this LO is, and i want to be able to get the stuff up on the swap shop.

How do you ladies figure out the shipping quotes you give people?

What is the cheapest way that you have used for shipping items? I hate paying for shipping myself, so i would hate to be overcharging people.
July 10th, 2009, 06:09 PM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
Well I use a scale. You can buy them super cheap on Ebay. I also print labels through Paypal, its only .19c for Delivery Confirmation, so you never have to worry about where your package is. Usually with clothing, I prefer to stuff flat rate envelopes, or boxes if its a large order. Priority only tends to be pennies more then parcel & parcel can take up to 3 weeks these days!

Another thing I tend to do is I will cover 25-50% of shipping, depending on how large the order is. If its just a few light items, I charge actual.

HTH!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search