craigslist?

Forum: Swap Shop - For sale by mommy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Swap Shop - For sale by mommy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Hunters_Mommie's Avatar Veteran
Anyone know how to work it? Can you ask for shipping costs or do you have to either deliver or request pickup?
January 11th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Barbi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Barbi
Craigslist is mainly for local sales. Craigslist doesn't recommend shipping because of possible scams. You can put in shipping charges but it at your own risk. Also, they will block you from putting on an ad if it is the same one on the same even if you put it on different cities. Their computer system sees it as spam. YOu can deliver the items or have someone pick them up but I just don't like to have strange people come to our house and a lot of times I have heard of people just never showing. It is free unlike Ebay, but it doesn't have a checks and balances (feedback system) like Ebay.

January 11th, 2007, 04:41 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I dont know anything about, have never used it to buy or sell.
January 14th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Hi!
I use craigslist all the time. I have done shipping several times on it with no problems. You just need to use some common sense to avoid scams... Just like ebay always describe items the best you can, to avoid any conflict if you do ship. I always have people pay for items before I send them, and I use my paypal account ( the same one i use for ebay) if the other person has one as well. I don't take personal checks, but will let someone send me a money order and once i receive it and cash it then I send the item. Its all just common sense on craigslist. If something seems a little off or is a strange request, it is most likely a scam, so don't waste your time on it!
Good Luck

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search