Has this ever happened to anyone (about ebay)?

Forum: Swap Shop - For sale by mommy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Swap Shop - For sale by mommy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2007, 08:06 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm an ebay seller. I've been selling for years on ebay. I got a fantastic black friday deal on some television show dvd box sets, and have been selling them. I tape them up in bubble wrap, then put them into a poly shipping bag, wrap the bag tight, seal it, and then tape all around it. You would literally have to use a pair of scissors to get these packages open, unless you're a body builder or something.

Well, I just got this email from a customer:
Quote:
I received my package today but to my surprise there was no DVD inside! I strongly suggest you switch to UPS or FEDEX.[/b]
She did not choose shipping insurance.

Since I ship using poly bags, there is no way I could have accidentally shipped her package without putting the dvd box set inside, it would have been a flat empty bag. And I'm sure my mailman wouldn't have taken it anyway even if that had happened.

So either:
1.) it got caught in a machine and ripped apart. (doubtful since the post office would have sealed it in a bag marked "damaged in shipping." if that had occured.)
2.) Someone cut it open and stole the dvd out of it.
3.) She is trying to scam me.

She only has 19 feedback, but they are all positive.

Has anyone ever had something like this happen? I don't want negative feedback as I've worked really hard to keep my feedback at 100% positive, but I just don't see how this could possibly be my fault. If I shipped in bubble mailers or something that could more easily be opened, or that I might have forgotten to seal, or that I might ship without the dvd in it, then I would refund her money immediately, but my method of shipping is such that I just don't think any of those options are feasible. Does anyone have any ideas? Something I haven't thought of. I hate to accuse someone of trying to scam me if she's innocent.

I've considered asking her to email me a pic of the package since tampering with mail is a federal offense, and I'd like to report it.

help, please.

December 4th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
Tis the season for Ebay scams!!! First I'd call her local post office and talk to the post master. Even without insurance the person that delivered it my remember it. Also see if the post master would be willing to help you out and have her take the package to the post office for him to look at it.

made by BAM

December 5th, 2007, 10:07 AM
2bluesandapink's Avatar Addicted to Gymbo!
Send a message via AIM to 2bluesandapink
Sounds fishy to me...a flat package? that's just weird. I would definitely ask for a photo.

Want to earn some extra funds for yourself? Try joining Swagbucks. I was totally skeptical about "free money" but I finally joined and I'm glad I did!! PM me for me info or click here to join! No strings attached!
December 5th, 2007, 12:16 PM
sanderson76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to sanderson76
it is that time of year. I have had someone that I thought was going to be like that once, but thank goodness they weren't. Alot of times you can just tell about people

MY BLOG

December 5th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sounds fishy to me...probably trying to get something for free...id do what the other ladies said and ask her to show a picture and even call her local post office...i wouldnt refund her money unless you really think shes telling the truth..i no its bad to see the bad side of people but there out there and with it being christmas theres going to be alot of scams

sounds fishy to me...probably trying to get something for free...id do what the other ladies said and ask her to show a picture and even call her local post office...i wouldnt refund her money unless you really think shes telling the truth..i no its bad to see the bad side of people but there out there and with it being christmas theres going to be alot of scams

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search