Business List

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2008, 08:30 PM
MelKD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Let's get a list going of the different business opportunities we are all involved in. I think the more options and information people have, the easier it is to make a good decision on what's best for them. Include the following information:

Name of company
Type of products sold
Age of company
# of Independent Consultants
Basic commission rate(s)
Startup cost
What sets it apart
Personal website for more information

I will start...

Name of company: Scentsy
Type of products sold: Wickless, flameless candles -- wax bars that melt in a warmer (also sold by Scentsy) heated by a BULB, not a flame. Also sells car candles (air fresheners), room sprays, and plugins.
Age of company: 4 years
# of Independent Consultants: Hit our 10,000th new consultant a month or two ago, so roughly 11,000 by now I'm sure
Basic commission rate(s): 20% until you reach $1000 in sales (which I did in my first 2 wks), then 25-30%. Also receive commission & royalties on downline & team sales.
Startup cost: $99
What sets it apart: The safety factor (no flames = no fire hazard, no smoke, soot or lead = no health hazard). The warmers are very decorative in addition to being functional. Over 80 scents to choose from. Scentsy has a very unique "feel" to it.
Personal website for more information: Scentsy

***IF A BIZ OPP HAS ALREADY BEEN LISTED, PLEASE DO NOT LIST IT AGAIN - WE WANT TO KEEP THIS CLEAN & SIMPLE. THANK YOU***
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keeping the November 2008 PR in my Prayers

Last edited by MelKD; March 10th, 2009 at 12:37 PM.
August 16th, 2008, 06:45 AM
my5girls's Avatar Super Mommy
Name of company Brown Bag Party
Type of products sold Spa, Massage, Sensual Toys, Adult Novelties, LIngerie
Age of company 4 yrs
# of Independent Consultants I am not sure can find out!
Basic commission rate(s) 50%
Startup cost: Start up kits start at $89 kits are on sale till end of August up to 50% off!
What sets it apart No Sales Quotas, No inventory to carry, high commission, We get paid to party!!!
Personal website for more information Brown Bag Parties By Tanya

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Journal
August 17th, 2008, 10:35 AM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
Name of company Scent-Sations, Inc. / Mia Bella
Type of products sold Candles and soaps
Age of company 8 years
# of Independent Consultants Not sure
Basic commission rate(s) Depends on how you sign up. As a Candle of the Month distributor, I buy 16 ounce jars for $9.50 and sell them for $18.95, so a $9.45 commission per jar sold. Associate Distributors buy the 16 ounce jars for $13 and sell them for $18.95, making $5.95 commission
Startup cost Associate distributor--$0; Candle of the Month--$39.95 per month for the website, 1-16 ounce jar, 1 Dozen votives, and a Bella Bar Soap each month
What sets it apart They are the cleanest burning candles I've ever seen. 90% soot free, and the whole thing burns so you can just wash and reuse the jars since you don't have to throw them out because of leftover wax on the sides. They are also made from a blend of vegetable waxes to get that clean burn and hold on to the scent longer then a basic soy candle does. And they are triple scented so the smell lasts the whole way to the bottom of the jar.
Personal website for more information www.smellabella.com

Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

August 21st, 2008, 08:56 PM
Regular
Hello!

Name of company www.kidsbooksupply.com through Usborne Books
Type of products sold Children's Books
Age of company Usborne Books has published children's educational books since 1978
# of Independent Consultants ???
Basic commission rate(s) 17%-40%
Startup cost As low as $49
What sets it apart NO minimum sells requirement, NO recruitment required, NO pressure, GET FREE BOOKS for your family too.
Personal website for more information www.kidsbooksupply.com
August 31st, 2008, 05:02 AM
Regular

Name of company Team Beach Body
Type of products sold Fitness videos, online gym, personalized meal plans, fitness equiptment, weight loss supplements, and more!
Age of company 10 years
# of Independent Consultants 1,000
Basic commission rate(s) residual income and 25% off
Startup cost Less than $99
What sets it apart By being an online Fitness coach, you care enough about your own health that you surround yourself with like-minded people, and then caring enough about helping those people achieve their goals that you actually help them lead a more fulfilling, healthy life. Ground floor opportunity. There's no other company out there like Beach Body online fitness coaches. http://www.winningstride.com
http://www.beachbodycoach.com/sharonabbott Email me at abbotts05@msn.com

Sharon
September 9th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mindy
[b]Name of company Stampin' Up!
Type of products soldRubber Stamps, Scrapbooking supplies and home decore wall decals
Age of company20 years
# of Independent ConsultantsNo idea
Basic commission rate(s)20%-36%
Startup cost$199 a $360 value
What sets it apartQuality, Or stamps have a unique design, sold as a set so you have coordinating stamps. All of our paper, inks and embellishments MATCH. Relationships, the ones you make with new and old friends, it's amazing.
Personal website for more information www.stampinmindy.stampinup.net
September 9th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Regular
Hi, My name is Athena Lodge and I am with Work at Home United.
We have Health/wellness products 200+
Company is 23+ Years Established
Typically 29 dollars to Join
We are unique in that we have products free of harmful ingredients, get rewarded for referring others and don't take personal orders, just help others set up accounts and mentor if developing a business.
For more information check out my site at
Ready to Work at Home? Click Here

Ready to Work at Home

Healthy Homes and Families
September 21st, 2008, 11:12 AM
soaplady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to soaplady
Name of company Avon, Inc.
Type of products sold Make up, skin care, pedi/mani products and gadgets, bath items, home decor, clothes, shoes, jewelry, mens cologne, gadgets, all sorts of things!
Age of company OVER 100 YEARS!!! Avon started out as the California Perfume Company in 1886, 1926 was when the first Avon products started up in color brouchures, and the Avon proucts went over so well the whole company became Avon in 1939.
# of Independent Consultants 2.6 million in 1997 all over the world with 5 billion in annual sales. Have to check and update with a present number, since many, many contries have been added between then and now. Also, the stock on Avon is still going up while alot of other co's are crumbling.
Basic commission rate(s) Starts at 50% for first 4 campaigns ( 2 months-new campaign every 2 weeks). Then it's 20%-50% depending on your sales. 20% for under $144 no matter the sales, then it goes up from there.
Startup cost ONLY 10 BUCKS!!!!! 10 dollars!!!!!!!!
What sets it apart No inventory, set your own items, most customers let me bring my 14 month old with me to deliver items, Avon sells itself because it's such a powerhouse in the makeup and skincare biz. They offer so much, people prefer to order from home instead of wasting gas going to dept stores. They don't have to go anywhere, and you can write gas off on taxes for your delivery!
Personal website for more information http:www.youravon.com/debradale is my addy if you want to sign up or ask me questions or look things over, and the addy for avon is http://www.avoncompany.com/index.html to read all sorts of info like history of company, etc.

My all natural soap and bath products store on Etsy:
http://www.bubblyseahorsesoap.etsy.com

Soaps, Scrubs, lip balms, and more! Find Bubbly Seahorse on FB, too!
September 26th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Regular
Name of company: The Mom Team
Type of products sold: Health & Wellness
Age of company: 23 years
# of Independent Consultants: Not Sure
Basic commission rate(s): up to 20% + bonuses
Startup cost: $29
What sets it apart: The company we represent specializes in health and wellness - keeping everything non-toxic, non-causic and preservative free. These products help to treat and eliminate conditions like eczema, allergies & asthma.
Personal website for more information: www.TheMomTeam.com/TracyNeal

October 6th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Newbies
Company: Moxxor
Product: Omega 3/ grape seed antioxidant, in vitamin form
Age of Company: 3 weeks!
# of counsultants: not sure?? Not many yet?? But growing fast everyday, I think my husband and I are 4 from the very top!!

Web site for info: www.strongestomega3.com

I have just been introduced to this company, the owner Noel Turner is a good friend of the family , and has had a team of scientist and Dr.'s researching Omega 3's for over 32 years.
I was on a hunt for the best Omega3 in the world for my father after his heart surgery as he was told he MUST be on Omega 3's everyday..
This one is backed by many dr.'s and is all natural.
The other thing I love about it... Very small pill and no fish burps!! ( anyone who has taken Omega 3's can understand that !)
The company is brand new!! Will let you guys know how it goes!! Hopefully in a year it will be huge!! Keeping my fingers crossed, as I hope to be a stay at home mom very soon! : )

Send me a message if you want any info!!

October 7th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Newbies
NAME OF COMPANY: Work at Home United
TYPE OF PRODUCTS SOLD:All natural products
AGE OF COMPANY: 23 yrs
#OF INDEPENDENT CONSULTANTS: ?
BASIC COMMISSION RATE: 7%-20%
START UP COST: $32.00
WHAT SETS IT APART: No inventory, quality products that customers love and buy month after month.
PERSONAL WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION: www.workathomeunited.com/randyb
January 15th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Newbies
Name of company: Work At Home United
Type of products sold: 350+ consumable products that are non-toxic and chemical free
Age of company: 23 years
# of Independent Consultants: ?
Basic commission rate(s): 20%
Startup cost: $29
What sets it apart: We bring health and wellness to homes. There is no stocking or selling and no risk!
Personal website for more information: www.yourgogreenteam.com

Jodi
Mom of 3
14 month old twins ~ Anna and Ethan
5 year old ~ Megan
April 9th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Name of Company: Avon Inc.
Type of products sold: Make up, skin care, clothing, jewelry, wellness, etc.......
Age of company: Over 100 years. Avon started out as California perfume company in 1886
# of independant consultants: Not sure
Basic commission rate: 50% for the first 4 campaigns then it is anywehre from 20 to 50% depending on your sales.
Startup cost: 10 dollars
What sets apart: Avon sells itsself and it is a very well known Name. YOu set your own hours and dont have to keep an inventory.
Personal website for information: AVON Representative JANICE BREWER serving the Kenvir, KY area

April 14th, 2009, 09:31 PM
FloridaGirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Name of company: Thirty-one
Type of products sold: Personalized bags, totes, etc.
Age of company: Since 2002
# of Independent Consultants: 3000+ and growing quickly
Basic commission rate(s): 25%
What sets it apart: Products are great quality, but most of all the company is top notch.
Personal website for more information: My thirty-one
April 26th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Jenlovinlife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a great idea!

Name of company : Votre Vu
Type of products sold: French skin care
Age of company: Launched last September
# of Independent Consultants: I was told about 1600 last week
Basic commission rate(s): 25%
Startup cost:$99 or $125 but it gets you $250 worth of products
What sets it apart: There are 5 ways you get paid. They dropship everything so no deliveries. Also no inventory. And Products are made by French artisans in a family owned lab that is 80 years old.
Personal website for more information See my Siggie Please
2 beautiful girls!

My Girls. Feel the love!

Member of these groups!
Postbaby Weightloss ~ Blogging Mommies ~ 30 something fitness group

Trying to lose the pounds ~ Two is enough for me! ~ Home Business Mommies!

Girl Power ~ Self-Employed Mommies (Full & Part Time) ~ Histio Awareness
May 1st, 2009, 03:15 AM
Name of company AtHome America
Type of products sold Home decor, candles, seasonal, food
Age of company 26 years # of Independent Consultants 10,000 +
Basic commission rate(s) starting at 25%
Startup cost For the month of May - you can earn your kit FREE
What sets it apart - it is a company with a heart
Personal website for more information www.athome.com/lisab

Last edited by Lisa_athome; May 1st, 2009 at 03:17 AM.
May 21st, 2010, 03:48 PM
Name of company--Melaleuca
Type of products sold-- Eco friendly cleaning products, personal care, weight loss bars/shakes, Nicole Miller makeup
Age of company-- 25 years

Basic commission rate(s) -- 20% or more, with car bonuses, residual income, and is willable!
Startup cost- $1.00 special. Normal $29

What sets it apart -- No inventory, selling. Simply refer someone to shop and you get commision for as long as they are a customer. 95% documented reorder rate!
Personal email for more information : desertserene at hotmail dot com

This is an amazing company that helps moms work from home, and cares for the environment. They allow us to profit share with the company. Money back guarantee on all their products, and many are patented.
June 6th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Hi, My name is Breanna and I am with Team2Succeed.
We specialize in green products, specifically health and wellness
Company is 25+ Years Established with an excellent BBB rating.
$1.00 to join until July 15, then $29.00
Our company is unique in that there is no selling, and no inventory to carry. The products are SAFE for your home and your children.
Are YOU ready for a change? ucanworkathome.info
June 22nd, 2010, 10:24 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name of company: Mona Vie

Type of products sold: Nutritional Fruit Drink w/Acai berry

Age of company: about 5 years I believe

# of Independent Consultants: I don't even know, but there are a LOT!

Basic commission rate(s): The company pays back 50% of all of their profits back to the distributors.

Startup cost: Free if you order 2 cases a month for yourself, otherwise $39 + juice

What sets it apart: You don't carry any inventory and there is an amazing cause behind the company called the M.O.R.E Project in Brazil. We are pulling kids off the streets and giving them healthy meals and an education as well as giving their parents professional training to get jobs to break the cycle of poverty there.

Personal website for more information: http://www.juicedreams.com

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

August 31st, 2010, 04:20 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
Name of company: Thirty-One Gifts
Type of products sold: Totes, purses, organizers, gifts
Age of company: They've been around for about 8 years
# of Independent Consultants: I'm not sure. I know there are only 100 or so in WI.
Basic commission rate(s): 25% and opportunities for bonuses
What sets it apart: I love it! I don't really have to "sell" the products because they sell themselves.
Personal website for more information: Check out my FB page (link or siggy) or PM me for my personal site.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search