Do you panic with success

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2004, 07:39 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Do you ever feel like you sabitage yourself when you start to get successful. I was having a mini anxiety attack tonight. Its just that Justmommies is so much work for me and we only have five hundred members right now. What the heck am I going to do as this site grows. I am not sure how much of the work will slow down once I get some of the bulk of it done though.

And I feel like my UBB business is always getting neglected. I have so many ideas for that and if I weren't doing Justmommies too I would be gung ho crazy with it. I get emails regularly and I am good at talking to people when I go out. I just need to work on getting into a routine and prioritizing.

And I want to do homeschool too. I just feel like there is not enough time in the day. I need a juggling, how do you do it all and stay sane pep talk.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
August 10th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You have to handle it one day at a time. If you don't, you will run yourself into the ground. I have 5 kids...I know.

I really think you are too hard on yourself. So, here is a {{{HUG}}} for you!

ok, bunch of questions time, I hope you don't mind

Do you have a "plan" for JM? I mean a short term plan.
Is it possible for you to set up a little schedule..stick to it for 2 weeks, and see what happens with it. Don't fall off the wagon. For instance: Mondays: Articles for JM, Tuesday: UBB stuff, Wed: reply to emails JM emails, Thurs: UBB stuff, Friday: reply to JM emails.

Is it possible for you to have someone help you with the JM stuff?

Just some thoughts...I think you are doing a GREAT job here!!

Stitched For Kids - Personalized Super Hero Capes, Personalized Hooded Towels, Nap Mats, Personalized Father/Son shirts, Toddler Aprons!
"Like" us on Facebook!
August 10th, 2004, 08:35 PM
Well once upon a time at Justmommies, lmao, I had a plan. I think the site has just grown so much faster than I expected and I am, whats the word, crazy. LOL. I set these goals that are just not practical. I think I want it all done in one day. You know. There is no reason I can't take the day off or the week off. This is stuff I do to myself. I just want this site to do so well that I can't stop myself. I fell behind schedule on things.

I think this is more just a fear than it is anything else. I have come so close before at really doing something I was proud of in life and then after a while I flopped. I just want this to do well at this so badly and I put a lot of pressure on myself.

August 11th, 2004, 02:34 AM
zonapellucida
This is very true of me. I find I sabatage myself often! When things are going really well something just doesn't feel rihgt. I wonder how to get over that?
August 11th, 2004, 05:23 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to chatterbox_n_floss Send a message via MSN to chatterbox_n_floss Send a message via Yahoo to chatterbox_n_floss
Patty, You are doing a great job here. But if you want to accomplish all the things you listed you really do need to set up some sort of schedule for yourself and stick to it. My calendar is my best friend. I used to schedule cleaning my house and showering....just to get into a routine. It has worked really well for me, now just to get my card business going...LOL! I also suggest that you get some sort of day planner (I think you can even print them up for free somewhere on the net) and just list what you want to accomplish and then check it off as you do it. Or before you even do that maybe journal your day so you can see where it is going. KWIM? I hope I am not sounding too confusing! Like I said before and I will say it again. I know I have only been here a short time, but I really like it here...you all are wonderful, i will GLADLY help out in anyway I can.

August 11th, 2004, 06:20 AM
Super Mommy
I love Sue's idea of having daily tasks! You should try that and I maybe I should too!

<span style="colorurple">My Sweetdreams Baby~Shopping cart covers, hooded towels, superhero capes and more!</span>
August 11th, 2004, 08:48 AM
I could definitely use some time management help. I used to have the same problem at my job. I would want something to be perfect, I am obsessive with certain things. If it doesn't look just right I will start over and redo the whole thing. I don't know what my problem is.

I can't get all my goals done in one day. I think I may start making weekly goals and that way if I don't finish it I can do it the next day. What do you think?

August 11th, 2004, 09:50 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to chatterbox_n_floss Send a message via MSN to chatterbox_n_floss Send a message via Yahoo to chatterbox_n_floss
I think weekly goals are a good idea. For big projects around the house I have monthly goals. So maybe decide how long it would take you to do something and then add it to an appropriate goal list.
August 11th, 2004, 10:18 AM
Super Mommy
Hi Patty! You know I think you're doing awesome!

I personally, have daily and weekly goals and they stay the same for the most part from day to day.

With ShowMomTheMoney.com, I start each morning with my same daily tasks. Then, with my extra time, I work on my weekly tasks. -- at least that's how I try to do it. Sometimes I get something scheduled or interrupted and that's life.

With Arbonne, I am a little bit less organized because the things that come up aren't as regimented. I'm still finding my path with organization there. Like you, it grew a lot faster than I anticipated, so my plans have changed and I have to adjust.

I hope that helps! And, just look at all that you've accomplished this week!!! You're awesome!

Nik
August 11th, 2004, 12:42 PM
zonapellucida
Quote:
Originally posted by mamatothreegreatkidz@Aug 11 2004, 10:48 AM
I could definitely use some time management help. I used to have the same problem at my job. I would want something to be perfect, I am obsessive with certain things. If it doesn't look just right I will start over and redo the whole thing. I don't know what my problem is.

I can't get all my goals done in one day. I think I may start making weekly goals and that way if I don't finish it I can do it the next day. What do you think?
I think the LIST is probably one of the most important tools busy women can have!
August 11th, 2004, 01:58 PM
ConnectingRainbows's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A "stay sane pep talk"? Sane have never applied to me!

I will agree with what has been said so far. Take one day at a time. Don't try to do everything at once. Set some routines. The daily plan idea is a great one! I don't stick to that very well, but Wednesday is usually run around town day.

There isn't enough time in the day. That's the harsh reality. The only way around that is to just accept it and work with what there is.

Now.... to take this advice myself.

Tired of feeling like you have to be superwoman, caring for everyone but yourself?
You don’t have to! JourneyToJoy.com
August 19th, 2004, 08:54 AM
Super Mommy
I like the weekly goals idea too. That is what I used to do. Think up some goals for the week on Monday, write them down and try to get them done by Saturday (I don't work Sundays). I think that works well, but it is also nice to have an idea of what you are going to work on each day, at least for me it gives me more direction!

<span style="colorurple">My Sweetdreams Baby~Shopping cart covers, hooded towels, superhero capes and more!</span>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search