We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I am trying to help supplement our income. I am an art teacher and am thinking about starting a mural painting business. I have made a brochure and laid them around my home town, they are constantly gone, but no one calls me
I am now writing a letter introducing my business and am going to mail it with a copy of my brochure and some pre designed murals with prices to the churches and daycares.
What else can I do that cost little but will help get my business out there?
1) Contact your local PTA. Ask if they have a fundraiser coming up (they will!!) Maybe offer a coupon for 10%off a mural, to be raffled off?? These people have kids, and the active ones are the ones you'll want to reach in the community.
2) Likewise, try an ad in your local Pennysaver or Parenting magazine with the same 10% off offer. You really need the word of mouth to get you going, so I think that reducing your initial price may be the hook that gets your name in the door.
3) Consider posting your brochures where your target audience is likely to be: Ask the local paint/hardware stores if they'll let you post there. Do the same with local book stores and toy stores.
4) Would you consider branching into some form of kids parties? Parents are always on the lookout for a new twist. I'm not sure exactly where I'm going with this one, but maybe it will spark an idea with you??
5) Call your local elementary school, and ask if they're interested in a small freebie over the summer. I bet they say yes, and your name will be out there.
6) Get in touch with the local high school and ask if they'll let you speak at their next Career Night.
7) Have business cards made up (free at vistaprint.com)
WIFE TO PETER
MOM TO BRIAN (6-18-98)