Has anyone ever sold Amway before?

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Hi my name is Natasha and I am looking for a way to make some extra money and have looked into some of the suggestions I found here. I was wondering if anyone had sold Amway before? What type of profits you made and how they liked doing it?
April 5th, 2009, 08:55 AM
MelKD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Natasha, glad to have you here! I personally haven't sold Amway, so I don't really have much in the way of advice for you, but I'm interested to see what others might have to say!

Keeping the November 2008 PR in my Prayers

April 9th, 2009, 01:26 PM
no have never heard of them
April 14th, 2009, 05:24 PM
LisaW's Avatar Blessed Mama
I think Amway has changed to Quixtar or they are somehow related to each other. They state right on their website that they are a Multi-Level Marketing company. So it's not just a matter of loving the product but you must build a team and sell the "business" to others. It's not something that is for everyone so I'd encourage you to look into it an decide if it is something you'll be successful at.

Good luck!

My Scentsy Website
Email Me!
April 15th, 2009, 09:37 AM
I have never heard good things about Amway. They have made business hard for a lot of us that are doing honest business. I would be happy to talk with you about an honest business opportunity.
April 15th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Jen1409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Jen1409
it used to be quixtar and switched to amway. We did it when it was quixtar and we didn't make anything. Mark's cousin does it out in MI and makes quite a bit of money doing it
May 11th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Send a message via AIM to lilkai87 Send a message via Yahoo to lilkai87
I heard nothing but bad things about Amway. It is a MLM company which most require product reselling and often youre selling products about 3x more expensive than a normal store. Youre also keeping track of your inventory and youre also having to keep track of the money you make. Its a pain to deal with when there are other places that dont have any of the hassle and youre making more money by advertising for a company instead of selling for a company.
August 10th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Working Mommy!
I have not joined Amway but was encouraged too, some of the products are fine, but they wanted me to buy so much at once. It is an MLM which is not necessarily bad, but it is the compensation plan that makes it hard to make money. There are many things out there, I work with a company in direct sales and it has a few products similar to Amway in use but that is the only similarity. I work from home, and don't have to buy all of the inventory that Amway would like you to buy. When I attended the get togethers the person who took me wanted me to act like I was already well off and I did not even have a job at the time. Anyone who asks you to lie can't be good. I do have a friend who uses the products and is a member of Amway but just as a customer. Best advice is to be sure to look into the company yourself, don't just listen to the negative things others put out there, everything has a negative comment from someone. Look at the business and contact people in it to gain a real perspective. I wish you luck in your search.
Kristi
October 2nd, 2010, 07:14 PM
hotjai21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to hotjai21
On here looking for someone that sold a certain line of products and wanted to jump in, hope you dont mind.

Quixtar is the US side of Amway. It was Amway years ago then kinda divided out. Now its Amway Global (all over) and Quixtar (US).

Anyways. My mother did Amway when I was young and did good, but she wasn't committed. Then she did Quixtar again when i was in hs, did good again, but again wasn't committed-lol. They have amazing products! totally recommend everything haha!! their food is yummy too-lol. They are also affiliated with many big name companies. so you can shop through them and get your points or whatever but shop in big name stores. Hope that makes sense. The big thing is it takes work. Yes you WAHM, but it isn't something to blow off. There are different ways to get in it. Different "jobs" so to speak. Some sell their products, similar to avon/mary-kay etc, others just buy stuff for their family and recruit to help grow the business. If I remember correctly you have to meet a minimum amount of products/points/ or money or something each month. So the way we did that was have certain product set up to automatically buy and ship every month. Like toilet paper, paper towels, snack foods we ate, shampoo. Just normal household items. Anyways I hope that helps. I recommend looking and finding someone in your area that can have a meeting in your home or somewhere and explain everything in much more detail then I can remember!

December 13th, 2010, 01:26 PM
I have sold Amway for several years and am making good money. It's a legit business, BBB certified. The nice thing is that, like the previous poster mentioned, you sell household good, toilet paper, cosmetics, etc, that people use and need again. Because really, how many quilted bags with your initials on it do you need?

That being said, make sure that whatever group you register with is affiliated with LTD. LTD is Leadership Training Development. It's a group of 15 Amway Diamonds who create an atmosphere of success within Amway. They have very high character standards for their IBOs. No one will ask you to lie or misconstrue your level in the business and making money is easy. You will have as much help as you want. Their group right now is actually going 300% faster than any other group in Amway. If they're not affiliated with LTD, I can't recommend them, personally.

Last edited by gina40242; December 13th, 2010 at 01:32 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search