Melaleuca????????

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2010, 02:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by honihonu View Post
I have tried a number of other home based business and failed and I'm currently marketing for melaleuca. I personally think your enroller or mentor has a part in your success or failure. I have gotten way more support and help with melaleuca than any other biz that i've tried for the past 3 years. I may not be making $500 a month but I more confident with this team and don't feel alone. Wither way its about finding what fits the individual.
But I think the real question becomes first off do you make anything (as I know you have to purchase so many products from them yourself on a monthly basis) first off and then secondly if you ARE turning a profit (after any expenses you have for the business) how many hours are you putting in versus the profit you're making? Personally I'm not going to work for less than $10 an hour, it just isn't worth my time at that point, it was fine when I was in high school or even early years of college but I refuse to work for less than that at this stage of my life (and would rather it be $12+ an hour). Even if you aren't as particular as myself, just make sure that you aren't working for chump change. Sometimes it's easy to get sucked into the "but I'm making X amount a month" but if your X amount ends up coming out to $5 an hour, is it seriously worth it? Personally less than $500 a month doesn't sound worth it to me, but then again if you're only working 4 hours a month then it may very well be. So, it's all relative.
May 20th, 2010, 07:31 PM
It never ceases to amaze me what people write. Some people have no motivation.

I am a mom of 3.

I lost my corporate job a few years ago, and never wanted to work away from home again for a big company that has no loyalty, and kept me away from my family.

I read an ad for a work at home business opportunity, perfect for moms.
I was surprised to hear it was Melaleuca. I had signed up 15 years ago. I too didn't want to 'sell' to anyone. I actually was making 30.00 a month in commisions, and never referred one person. But I quit. I continued to buy from a friend some of my favorite products however.

So all these ears later, I loved what I heard about their business compensation plan. I knew it was RIGHT for me this time. My first week I made 10.00-- one month later, and a few referrals, I made 367.00! I was so excited! They guarantee if you do as little as 8 referrals, your products are free. That is month after month, and it makes sense. Spend time as you would at any job, and the payoffs are residual. Meaning you get commisions every time someone you referred shops with Melaleuca. I know when I like something, it's easy to talk about. If it improves the quality of my life, my children's and the environment, then it's a no brainer. It makes sense.
I work hard and it shows. Love love Melaleuca!

Last edited by Vitality girl; May 20th, 2010 at 07:34 PM.
May 20th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
$367 for a MONTH of work?? I make that in 2 DAYS. Just seems like it's first off a pyramid which I NEVER support, and a whole lotta time to pass (ie a month) for not a lot of compensation. Don't get me wrong, as with anything I'm sure there's the select few that pull normal yearly incomes from it, but I'd venture to guess those are the needles in many haystacks and not the norm (kind of like Pre-Paid Legal).
May 20th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Well guess what? Now I can continue to get paid each month for those few hours I put in last month. How many days does that add up to? Hmmm. Do the math.

Did I mention I am a single mom of 3 children, one being 9 months, and working an hourly job at home while working Melaleuca in my spare time that I will be quitting as soon as I build up my business more?

Works for me.

Last edited by Vitality girl; May 21st, 2010 at 03:02 PM.
May 20th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well I'm glad it works for you...if nothing else I refuse to support pyramid schemes. Just not my cup of tea.
May 21st, 2010, 03:01 PM
I understand. Just want moms to know it is a real opportunity.

Have a beautiful day.
July 26th, 2010, 03:09 PM
I agree its definetly a great opportunity...but most important its so SAFE and better for our children!! I battled MRSA for 2 years!!!! and couldnt get rid of it..yes I went to every dr, antibotic..not into I switched to their laundry, the melaleuca oil and vitamins..I havent had another break out!
August 10th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Working Mommy!
I know it is an old post but I am now doing Melaleuca and enjoy it. I am just starting out but we never any problem buying the required in fact since I use the weight loss and sports drink we almost always order more! It is hard work but so is any business that you make money in. Love it , and love the products, I do agree about the mentor or team, can make all the difference. I am sorry others did not find it a good fit.
Kristi
January 21st, 2011, 04:41 PM
That was my first company several years ago. They are a legit company and have been around a long time. Personally I didn't care for how they said it's not mlm or network marketing, etc. You have to work extremely hard to make a decent living. I probably enrolled over 150 people and my efforts really did not duplicate....

Many people are also looking for all natural and organics so that wouldn't be a good fit for those people....

There are many companies out there that are up front, admit that we are network marketing and are proud of it because it's the best industry to be in!

Also found a wonderful organic company that has all the pieces including a system to help even a new person that may not have experience

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search