Melaleuca????????

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Does anyone here work at home for Melaleuca? I am kinda interested in the company and I have actually been talking to someone that wants to sign me up but I am really wondering if I can really make money at this. Do you make good profit and would you recommend working from home for this company?

April 6th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I gave it a shot and failed miserably. I am NOT a sales person and I didn't know enough people so it flopped for me and I lost what I had to pay to get started. Just my experience though and personally unless you're a good sales person and have family/friends that you can sell to originally and have great marketing ideas to set up a website I would pass.
April 6th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks so much. That helps me a great deal.

April 9th, 2009, 02:08 PM
I wouldnt try it because I did one of their phone conversations and wasnt interested because if your really trying to change your products everyone knows that you can go organic , which in my case is what I did. PLUS not to mention the start up cost's. With me any program I try is Free.
April 15th, 2009, 10:49 AM
I am currently marketing for Melaleuca. I love what I do. It is helping me to earn extra money for my family as well as making my home safer. And yes, you can make money doing this. I was given a free website so I didn't have to set that up on my own. The training is amazing and my mentor helps me on a daily basis. I couldn't ask for anything better in a home business. I have never felt like I was on my own. The start up cost is only $29! What would you have to invest in any other home business?
April 15th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I own 2 home businesses and I invested absolutely nothing cash wise.
May 9th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Send a message via AIM to lilkai87 Send a message via Yahoo to lilkai87
I am also currently advertising for the company. I love doing it and know that I love all the products I have been using so far.
May 20th, 2009, 10:53 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I tried it but I failed miserably as well. I was left out to hang. I didn't like bugging my firends and family and all I was doing was spending money on product I didn't need to reach my 35 points.

I personally don't recommend it.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

May 28th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to cktownsend07
I wouldn't reccomend it either! I loved how 1 bottle of dish soap lasted almost 8 months though. And i love their laundry detergent and solumel(get almost anything out)

I t was very hard for me to get friends and family to sign up. especailly ones without the computer. Being military no one wants to have to keep purchasing something they wont use right away every month. Or if you forget like I did on 2 occasions, stuff gets sent to you. I can't take vitamins so i have 4 bottles sittin in my cupboard.

I've also tried Avon and Mary Kay. Wasn't very successful at those either, i just started sellin Scentsy and that is easier and it smells good(who doesn't want their home and work to smell good?)
June 1st, 2009, 11:30 AM
Nickswife2004's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My Dad did Melalueca and didn't do well at all. Now we're all doing Vemma/Verve. It's alot simpler system. All we're investing is our monthly product cost, and My dad has been making $500+ a month. My husband and I are doing email marketing from home with some success with that. I'm NOT a salesperson either, but the email marketing is how we're going to make it a success. We made $140/ last week. My stepdad who is 72 has been drinking the product and LOVES it, also my dad's arthritis has gotten so much better. He's in concrete construction so that's really important for him.

June 5th, 2009, 05:05 PM
I do Melaleuca and I absolutely love it. I've only been doing it since February and I'm doing very well. I'm right on Pacesetter track which gives me Double Bonuses with each advancement. I'm no salesperson. I don't have to be when I'm passionate about this company, their products, and their mission to help others. I have some friends in it, but otherwise I have my computer, I market my website and get tons of leads, I have a great support team that helps me do it. I'm sorry for those who got involved and perhaps didn't have that person there to lead them. That's unfortunate, but that rarely happens on my team. Actually, I can't think of anyone on my team who isn't a great mentor! If they are....go to their mentor...he or she will help you!

I've read all the comments about how people don't want to sell, don't want to talk to friends, don't know anyone, don't want to buy the minimum products because they don't use them, and they get stuff when they don't even order--oh, and my favorite--"I get those orders anyway and I have bottles of vitamins I don't even take." Ok.....why would you have them send you vitamins?" You can change that backup order very easily. If you don't want to order anymore, all you have to do is cancel before the 25th of the month and you're done. If you do it before 4 months is up, you get your $29 back! (It's 1/2 price till 6/20!) This is all spelled out in their presentation and these are the things you need to make sure you understand BEFORE you enroll. They only have that backup order in place to ensure your membership benefits and ensure you receive your check. You don't even have to refer anyone to get a check. My mom is in my organization and she hasn't enrolled anyone. I placed people under her and she gets a check every month. Last month it was $21. That's not bad for not doing anything, but loving her products!

Who doesn't clean their house? Yes their stuff lasts for months, but you can't tell me there aren't things you use every month that you just went to Wal-mart for? When's the last time Wal-mart sent you a check?

If you work with your mentor, use the free training, and learn how other successful people do it, it isn't hard at all. You have great days and days where people hang up on you, but such is life and such is business. Wouldn't it be nice to make money without having to do anything or talk to anyone? That would be as unrealistic as joining one of those companies that tell you that you can make $1000 in a week just by clicking on something. Yeah, right!

If you want to go organic, that's great! Do whatever you can to ensure the health and safety of your family. I choose Melaleuca and their natural, non-caustic products and I know I'm doing right by my family. I choose to pass that word along, share the details, and am earning an income doing it. That income will grow bigger and bigger because I choose to work at it!

Good luck to all of you whatever you choose. Whatever it is, make sure it's for you. Make sure you give it your all. Make sure you know all the rules and policies. Melaleuca is as legitimate and as successful as you can get. They haven't been around for 24 years, made $887Million last year alone, received numerous BBB awards, and are debt free for nothing!
June 5th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I can say I don't clean my house. I wipe down my counters with a little bit of vinegar and a rag in my kitchen and I vacuum a few times a week but that's it. I have a cleaning company that comes in every 2 weeks and cleans my home for me and uses their own products so nope, I really do not use cleaning products personally.
June 5th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Hey there,
Well that makes sense....so you probably wouldn't see the value in being a customer....except that you may want to find out--if you don't know already--what products they use to clean your house. Do their products contain chlorine bleach, formaldehyde (of course, it won't say formaldehyde), pesticides, carcinogens, phosphates? If so, then you would have a need for Melaleuca's products (not to mention the bath & body and the Nicole Miller skincare and makeup, etc) if you insisted on safer products and they used yours instead of bringing their own......in that case, I'd ask them to knock off some of the cost of their services.
June 5th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by momindelaware View Post
Hey there,
Well that makes sense....so you probably wouldn't see the value in being a customer....except that you may want to find out--if you don't know already--what products they use to clean your house. Do their products contain chlorine bleach, formaldehyde (of course, it won't say formaldehyde), pesticides, carcinogens, phosphates? If so, then you would have a need for Melaleuca's products (not to mention the bath & body and the Nicole Miller skincare and makeup, etc) if you insisted on safer products and they used yours instead of bringing their own......in that case, I'd ask them to knock off some of the cost of their services.
Sorry, I'm not "green", I like Pine Sol, and Mr. Clean, and Lysol, etc products and do have them (left over from when I did clean my own home) and use them. Yes I use bleach in my whites in my laundry, yes I use pesticide on my property to kill scorpions, black widows, and brown recluse spiders (which are HUGE here) and spray my yard and the perimeter of my home every 8 weeks religiously, sorry, I'm not into "going green" and really have zero interest in their products, listened to the schpeal a good 9 years ago, wasn't interested then, and not interested now. I DO use hydrogen peroxide on my laminate floors however only because I have dogs who like to lick my floors for whatever reason, but that is the only reason I do not use Pine-Sol, etc on my floors.

(well they already dropped their price from $100 every 2 weeks to $80 every 2 weeks, so I wouldn't really feel right asking them to go lower than that, that's the "going rate" in my area).
June 5th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie2One View Post
Sorry, I'm not "green", I like Pine Sol, and Mr. Clean, and Lysol, etc products and do have them (left over from when I did clean my own home) and use them. Yes I use bleach in my whites in my laundry, yes I use pesticide on my property to kill scorpions, black widows, and brown recluse spiders (which are HUGE here) and spray my yard and the perimeter of my home every 8 weeks religiously, sorry, I'm not into "going green" and really have zero interest in their products, listened to the schpeal a good 9 years ago, wasn't interested then, and not interested now. I DO use hydrogen peroxide on my laminate floors however only because I have dogs who like to lick my floors for whatever reason, but that is the only reason I do not use Pine-Sol, etc on my floors.

(well they already dropped their price from $100 every 2 weeks to $80 every 2 weeks, so I wouldn't really feel right asking them to go lower than that, that's the "going rate" in my area).
Hey Mommie2One:
It's not about "going green" for me. I care about the environment, but I care about my children more than anything. If I can protect them from something in this world, I'll do my best to do it.
I didn't actually mean pesticides like what you spray in your yard (where your family walks), I meant the products in your home that actually contain pesiticides. Don't take my word for it. Look at the EPA's website and they'll tell you that many household products like kitchen, laundry, and bath products as well as mold and mildew cleaners contain pesticides. LYSOL contains dioxin--it is a known carcinogen that is 500,000 times more deadly than DDT!
I'm not trying to "interest" you or sell you. I'm only trying to educate you. I'm certainly not trying to anger you. Again, just educate. So, don't use Melaleuca's products. BUT please look into what you do use and find an alternative--whatever it may be. We all just want what is best for our families so just educate yourself. This is a place where you can look up stuff on your own and has nothing to do with Melaleuca. www. householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov Household Products Database - Health and Safety Information on Household Products
June 5th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
No need to educate, I've read all the stuff, I'm already educated. Honestly, my philosphy is nothing is really safe in this world. I don't buy organic, I use cleaning products, and I drive an SUV. SOMETHING in this world is gonna kill us, not going to make myself crazy over things. Between food, cell phones, air polution, chemicals, and just plain genetics (to name just a very few things), there will always be something. I'm happy with my cleaning products, I keep things relatively healthy by way of food and supervision for my son, but not going to make myself crazy either.

Thanks for the tips, but I'm happy with the way we run things here.
June 5th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to cktownsend07
Quote:
Originally Posted by momindelaware View Post
If so, then you would have a need for Melaleuca's products (not to mention the bath & body and the Nicole Miller skincare and makeup, etc)

I can't use any of their skin care/hair care products. I either break out in a rash or the hair care leaves my hair super oily by the next day! For some people it just doesnt work!
June 5th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cktownsend07 View Post
I can't use any of their skin care/hair care products. I either break out in a rash or the hair care leaves my hair super oily by the next day! For some people it just doesnt work!
Oh my cktownsend!! Rashes are never good! I had a similar experience with Mary Kay on breaking out in the rash, definitely NOT fun. Yeah personally I'm not into skin care products really and I only use Bed Head products on my hair. I totally agree, not everything will work for everyone, truer words never spoken!
March 4th, 2010, 02:48 PM
*Anna*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ths is an old post... but I want to add I did Meleleuca and failed. I wanted it to work but it didn't. I'm very good with online advertising and setting up websites to direct traffic to the website they gave me for free... but no one wants to work for a company you have to spend almost $80 every month in their products. It was very stressful trying to figure out what to buy that I would use. I still have tons left over from the 6 months I worked for them. And I made $0!

I don't recommend.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search