Grr! Kids preventing work!

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2006, 06:56 AM
ConnectingRainbows's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just need to vent!

I set a work goal yesterday to complete just ONE new page for my website. I got all of my household chores and exercise done by noon so I could focus on work for the rest of the day. By then my daughter was a little starved for attention, so I had to tend to her for a while. I just got back to working when my son got home from school with two bags of valentine's day treats!

Needless to say, I gave up around 7:00 and I still hadn't finished my page.

Tired of feeling like you have to be superwoman, caring for everyone but yourself?
You don’t have to! JourneyToJoy.com
February 15th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Alice's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can certainly sympathize! I got a long distance call yesterday about some freelance work... 5 minutes after my kids got off the bus already on a sugar high from valentines, with lots mre loot to eat!!

A lot of the time I use sitters to keep an eye on my kids after school while I get work done.
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
<a href="http://siggiez.com/countdownz/ch/index2.cgi">
February 15th, 2006, 11:15 PM
Radish4ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh I know what you mean!

Usually Grace picks when I'm about to leave to do a mystery shop (and I'm leaving her with her dad) OR right when we get to the store (when she's with me) to throw one of her new fits! It's basically just loud screeching for attention. LOL So then I start attending to her needs and lose track of time! It's frustrating!

AND add having to do schoolwork on top of all that! Yikes! Sometimes it seems overwhelming! Just think how hard it would be if we worked full time outside of the home, AND had lots of work we had to finish at home AND had to tend to the kiddos! Wowww! Noooo thank you
February 16th, 2006, 03:45 AM
Tuesday afternoon, about 5 minutes after the kids got off the bus, the phone rang. My kids were on a sugar high because of all the valentines candy-- screeching and yelling, comparing goodies-- the dog was joining in the fun at top volume... you get the picture. It was a wonder I even heard the phone.

Just my luck-- it's long distance from CHicago (I'm in NY) about some freelance work-- apparently a really nice opportunity. I snuck into the bathroom, but even that only slightly muffled the noise. I was mortified!!!!

Luckily, the woman had kids of her own (although they're grown now) and totally understood.
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
February 16th, 2006, 03:52 AM
ConnectingRainbows's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Or you get distracted and repeat yourself. ROFL!

Tired of feeling like you have to be superwoman, caring for everyone but yourself?
You don’t have to! JourneyToJoy.com
February 16th, 2006, 09:03 AM
"Distracted" is a good day!!

Sorry about that!
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search