Looking for options...

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2006, 08:17 AM
Super Mommy
Right now, I work f/t as an asst mgr for a retail clothing store. It's a decent job, but there are certain issues that I really can't stand (one person in particular, and the attitudes of the two "big bosses" since finding out I'm pg). Regardless of the atmosphere there, I've always wanted to be a SAHM, but right now there's no way we can afford for me not to work. If money weren't an issue, I'd have already left my job! As it is, I wake up dreading it every morning, and coming home p/od or on the verge of tears almost every day!

I'm 22, and have no college experience, etc. Just a HS diploma. I've worked in a couple large grocery stores when I was younger, a smaller "mom n pop" type store, and now at the clothing store. My first job (one of the grocery stores) I started out as a cashier, and later did training of new associates and associates learning the register. At the mom n' pop setting, I did the banking for them, and occasionally helped doing the bills, whatnot. Where I am now, I'm a f/t asst manager, so I do just about everything - training, discipline, banking, etc.

As far as what I like: I really love animals, used to do volunteer work at a shelter, and am an occasional foster home for small animals. I enjoy photography, though aside from a class in hs, have no real "training" in it. It is definetly something I like though. I enjoy reading and the computer as well. I have some basic HTML skills, just enough to get me by on forums, and to do my website.

I'm not sure what I'm looking for in a job, but something that will allow me to be a SAHM once Spud arrives, and possibly sooner, if/when I leave my current job. I currently live with other family, but d/f and I are looking into buying our own house in the near future (he has a meeting with them this Thursday!).

Any help is greatly appreciated, and if you need any more info, just ask away!

Also... If it helps any, I'm located in southern Maine, about 35 minutes/20 miles west of South Portland.

</div>
February 22nd, 2006, 12:40 PM
Alice's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Grace,

Things are kind of hectic at the moment and I just can't think. Here's what you can do until someone comes up with something:

Hit www.allworkathomeideas.com to see whether anything rings a bell.

Go through the old posts here-- even the really old ones. The odds are good that someone else has found something that you could do as well.

Would you consider sales: Mary Kay, Avon, Tupperware, Yankee candles, Discovery Toys etc? Look them up online.

Hit some of the job sites: www.monster.com , www.guru.com, www.careerbuilders.com Make up a resume and put it on file in those places. Be sure to specify that you're looking to freelance or work at home. Maybe the right job will find you.

I'll do some thinking when I get the chance!
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
<a href="http://siggiez.com/countdownz/ch/index2.cgi">
February 22nd, 2006, 05:04 PM
Radish4ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Alice has some great ideas!! I agree that you should look sales if you are interested in that kind of thing!

There are tons of AWESOME old posts on here that you should look through and see if any of them spark some interest!! Please keep us updated, and if I come across something I think you'd be interested in, I'll let you know for sure!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search