Can someone help me!?!?!.......

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2006, 11:43 PM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
My Webpage

http://itidata.org/

I need to work after the baby is born, we can't survive on dh's income. I want to work at home but I have trouble finding legit work. Does this website sound ligit or does anyone know any jobs at home that work!?

February 25th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Radish4ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This looks like a scam to me!
Just the fact that they're calling their "Get Paid To Shop And Eat" bonus a $69.95 value turns me off, because I assume they are talking about mystery shopping - and MYSTERY SHOPPING IS FREE! You don't have to pay for that information! Yuck, anytime I see people using those generic guides as incentives, I feel as if I cannot trust them. (TONS of information on mystery shopping, btw, can be found at volition.com for FREE)

I personally would not invest my money in this system. You know what they say....... if it looks too good to be true...........
February 25th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Alice's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree-- this has SCAM written all over it.
That whole "Consumer Reporter" site (cheap rip-ff of "consumer reports??" )is devoted to this topic... it's their home page. Does that mean that the only thing in our country that consumers should care about is this company? There's no edition number or anything-- a plug for this company is their entire focus, apparently for all of eternity. And how convenient that all the special deals run out today. I wonder what their website will say on Monday-- my guess is a miraculous extension.

Now, let's hear more about you: your hobbies, education, work history etc. We'll find you something legit.

If you're interested in sales, take a look at the article I posted yesterday. (I was supposed to be getting some work done, but found it instead.) It contains a website at the bottom, listing companies that do direct sales... everything from Avon to Pampered Chef and so on, with links to their websites.

Or go to www.allworkathomeideas.com for some more ideas.

Hope to hear from you! Hang in there, we'll all come up with something!!
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
<a href="http://siggiez.com/countdownz/ch/index2.cgi">
February 26th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">I\'m willing to do anything but sales, I don\'t like selling I ususally work in the health care field with elderly, A care giver and a medicine passer (QMAP-qualified medication administration person). I\'m a fast typer, I like typing. I checked medical transcription out but you have to go to a school 2 hours away from my house and that\'s too much when I\'m going to have a new born. I like social stuff, working with people but that\'s hard to do from home lol. My hobbies.... being outdoors, being active skiing, animals, music, friends. Hope that helps I have my high school diploma and went to community college for 3 years but no degree or certificate. I liked psycology. Thank you for your help and concern. </span>

February 27th, 2006, 06:38 AM
Scroll down to the Feb 10 post-- "huge list of telecommute sites"-- see if there's anything there for you.

Or type "freelance typing"-- maybe even "freelance medical typing" into a search engine and see what you find.

If you live near a college/university, think about putting up posters for typing services. I bet a lot of those kids would pay to have someone type their papers for them!

I found this-- (I have no idea whether it's legit or not; I didn't even read it fully)
http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.ph...82918#post82918
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
February 27th, 2006, 12:47 PM
I found this at Austin Craig's List: http://austin.craigslist.org/wri/136983309.html

Freelance writers needed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: job-136983309@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-02-25, 6:12PM CST

Need freelance writers for web content. Articles are usually done in 50 article sets, pying $8/article for 350-500 word articles. DO NOT contact if this is unacceptable.

You will be given main topics and expected to find 5-10 articles within that topic to write about, but nothing to niche usually, so the information is easy to find.

All articles are submitted online so it can be ran through a plagiarism checker.

Article topics are usually about health, but may change. Send writing sample.

Compensation: $8/article

Telecommuting is ok.

This is a part-time job.

This is a contract job.

yes -- OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.

no -- Please, no phone calls about this job!

yes -- You may contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

yes -- Reposting this message elsewhere is OK.

yes -- OK to repost to Job Developers for Persons with Disabilities.

I say go for it!!!
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
February 27th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Thank you very much, I really apreciate it. I'll check these out.

March 1st, 2006, 03:10 PM
Hi Mishelly,

There are legitimate work from home opportunities. The glitter thing didn't make much sense to me, but I just briefly looked at it. I think it is great that you worked with the elderly. I don't recommend anyone going back to school to increase their income. I went to college for 4 years (Education Major -ha, ha), and I could have made more money doing something else. I appreciate the knowledge that I gained, but if you are wanting to make money, going to school is just going to postpone that. Our world is changing too quickly to go to school for information that is going to be outdated anyway in just a few years. I actually came home and cried when I realized that someone who sold makeup made more than I ever would have with my college degree. Having a home based business is the way to go. I love what I do now from home, and my children are with me. Besides there is no such thing as job security anymore.

Hope this helps,
Bunny
March 1st, 2006, 06:35 PM
Sorry, I just have to refute that last post.

I taught for 20 years until my 2nd child came along. At that point, a huge chunk of my salary was paying for daycare, so it became time to change to life as a SAHM. But in 3 years when my youngest is in full day school, I fully expect to go back to teaching.

Job security was never an issue. I know that if I called my old school tomorrow, I would have a job in September. I know that. And, although my school wasn't union, most people would love the job security offered by tenure!

I started teaching after working my way through college as a waitress. To be honest, in the beginnng, waitressing paid much better. But I will never for one minute regret my choice to pursue an education, or my choice to teach. I'm good at it, I love doing it, it's part of who I am. And, yes, I do think that education has a value all its own. Whether or not it translates into dollars and cents isn't the issue, or at least is isn't for me. I knew going into it that I would never get rich teaching-- it's not exactly a well kept secret.

My brother got his GED and has worked for 25 years in the phone company. He loves it. It was the right choice for him. Getting a Masters and teaching is and was the right choice for me.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to put down anyone else's choices. But I also coached debate for 20 years, and this was one topic I couldn't resist.

In the final analysis, we all make our choices along the way. If our needs change, so do the choices. But for me, personally, it can't all be about dollars and cents, just as I couldn't ever become a teacher just to get those magical summer months off. It's all about finding a balance between our economic needs and our own personalities.

OK, off my soapbox now. I'm sick and need to go to bed!!
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
March 2nd, 2006, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Sorry, I just have to refute that last post.

I taught for 20 years until my 2nd child came along. At that point, a huge chunk of my salary was paying for daycare, so it became time to change to life as a SAHM. But in 3 years when my youngest is in full day school, I fully expect to go back to teaching.

Job security was never an issue. I know that if I called my old school tomorrow, I would have a job in September. I know that. And, although my school wasn't union, most people would love the job security offered by tenure!

I started teaching after working my way through college as a waitress. To be honest, in the beginnng, waitressing paid much better. But I will never for one minute regret my choice to pursue an education, or my choice to teach. I'm good at it, I love doing it, it's part of who I am. And, yes, I do think that education has a value all its own. Whether or not it translates into dollars and cents isn't the issue, or at least is isn't for me. I knew going into it that I would never get rich teaching-- it's not exactly a well kept secret.

My brother got his GED and has worked for 25 years in the phone company. He loves it. It was the right choice for him. Getting a Masters and teaching is and was the right choice for me.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to put down anyone else's choices. But I also coached debate for 20 years, and this was one topic I couldn't resist.

In the final analysis, we all make our choices along the way. If our needs change, so do the choices. But for me, personally, it can't all be about dollars and cents, just as I couldn't ever become a teacher just to get those magical summer months off. It's all about finding a balance between our economic needs and our own personalities.

OK, off my soapbox now. I'm sick and need to go to bed!![/b]
Hi Alice,

Learning is always important!!! I've always been led by my heart and love for children. However, I have learned by reading financial books like Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kioyasaki about having financial intelligence. He explains how his father was very educated and very high up in the Board of Education in Hawaii. Even though his dad was very educated, he lacked financial intelligence, and the latter part of his life was spent with regret because he ended up losing his high paying job for standing up for what was right. His best friend's dad who he refers to as his "Rich Dad" had financial intelligence and understood how money worked. He finished out his life having more time with his family and being able to give generously to his church because he understood how money worked.

My only point is that we should always learn and educate ourselves, but we should not make the mistake of thinking that a formal education will automatically equate to job security and financial abundance. As far a job security, I think that it's dangerous for a family to depend on one income only, even if you can live off of it.

One of the moms that I work with was a SAHM, and her husband got laid off. Their income was gone. In that time she absolutely refused to leave her daugher(She also was a school teacher) She started with our company, and then about a year and a half later her husband got laid off, but this time they had her income as well and that made all the difference. Now he works from home with her and both parents are home with their daughter.
March 3rd, 2006, 09:20 AM
How about this one: (found at www.freelancewriting.com)

Editors and Transcribers Wanted

About Me
Nameaul Murray
View my complete profile

Help Me!

March 2006

Wednesday, March 01, 2006
Help Me!

Hi-

My name is Paul Murray, and I'm putting together a book on the immigration to the US in the 21st century. This is a nonfiction book, comprised of a series of interviews I have conducted with immigrants, policy makers, and other relevant people. I need help transcribing some of these interviews from CD format. I will also need editorial help in refining the raw text into some sort of fluid narrative that will make up the bulk of the final product. Depending on the scope of your involvement in the project, you may even be recognized as a contributor.

I am looking for experienced freelancers, editors and transcribers to assist me in this tasks. I have about 8 interviews to put in written format, varying in length from 30-45 minutes. I will pay $500 per interview; you will be responsible for that interview from its CD form all the way until it is a print-ready piece to be included in my master project. Qualified freelancers may receive more than one assignment.

Please send a resume and a writing sample at pmurray100@yahoo.com if you are interested. I will respond to your query only if I am interesting in enlisting your help.

I look forward to hearing from you!
Paul
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search