New here. Decided to be a SAHM but would like to work from home.

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Jinxcat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, my name is Raquel and I have decided to give stay at home parenting a try.

Any ideas on work from home that I can do?

I am a fast typer, know some HTML, designed my website (very simple one), know office applications, like to write, can pretty much do anything.

Anything out there for someone like me?

</div>
February 28th, 2006, 03:36 AM
Alice's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you like to write, why not consider freelance writing?

Scroll down to the "huge list of telecommuting sites"-- it's down there somewhere. Take a look at what's out there.

Some sites I like:

www.poewar.com www.freelancewriting.com

http://writersrow.com/deborahng/free...itingjobs.html

Or, if you're thinking sales, go down to the article I posted over the weekend. There's a website in one of the bottom paragraphs--- www.dsa.org or something similar. It's a clearinghouse of companies that do direct sales, from Avon to Discovery Toys to lots of stuff I've never heard of. You can start selling something you actually like, that hasn't already saturated the market where you live.

good luck!
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
<a href="http://siggiez.com/countdownz/ch/index2.cgi">
March 1st, 2006, 01:54 PM
Hi Raquel,

Congratulations on deciding to come home. You can definately work from home! It took me over a year and a half to find something that I could do from home with my children, but I finally found something. Watch out for things that want you to send money to get info. Several of the other moms that I work with were scammed that way before they found our company. Of course I can't advertise what I do here, but I'd be happy to share with you if you'd like.

Bunny,
March 3rd, 2006, 08:22 AM
Alice's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How about this one? (found at www.freelancewriging.com)

Editors and Transcribers Wanted

About Me
Nameaul Murray
View my complete profile

Help Me!

March 2006

Wednesday, March 01, 2006
Help Me!

Hi-

My name is Paul Murray, and I'm putting together a book on the immigration to the US in the 21st century. This is a nonfiction book, comprised of a series of interviews I have conducted with immigrants, policy makers, and other relevant people. I need help transcribing some of these interviews from CD format. I will also need editorial help in refining the raw text into some sort of fluid narrative that will make up the bulk of the final product. Depending on the scope of your involvement in the project, you may even be recognized as a contributor.

I am looking for experienced freelancers, editors and transcribers to assist me in this tasks. I have about 8 interviews to put in written format, varying in length from 30-45 minutes. I will pay $500 per interview; you will be responsible for that interview from its CD form all the way until it is a print-ready piece to be included in my master project. Qualified freelancers may receive more than one assignment.

Please send a resume and a writing sample at pmurray100@yahoo.com if you are interested. I will respond to your query only if I am interesting in enlisting your help.

I look forward to hearing from you!
Paul
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
<a href="http://siggiez.com/countdownz/ch/index2.cgi">
March 5th, 2006, 11:46 PM
Radish4ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always recommend Mystery Shopping as a decent part time income!

If interested, visit:
http://volition.com/getpaid.html
and click on the first link the "Get Paid for Shopping"

Mystery shopping has been a great way for me to make at least $200/month and earn up to $400 in reimbursed meals, groceries, and office supplies that I would have gotten anyway!
You get to choose which jobs you want to accept, and the best part is that you NEVER HAVE TO PAY to be a mystery shopper (those sites are SCAMS)

-Jenn

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search