are there any legit wahj

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2009, 09:18 AM
hi, im sharron. i am new to this site. i am a single mother of two trying to put myself through school. i am trying to find a legitimate work at home opportunity so that i have more time for my schooling and my children. i would need to make at least $300 a week to be able to survive. i have seached and searched and i just keep finding things that want you to pay for "training materials". i was told to stay away from sites like that. does anyone have any suggestions? please help!!!
September 9th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yep, check out Work at Home Jobs - free work from home job listing they have ALL legit work at home jobs and they're divided up by category. Also Customer Service, Virtual Call Center Consulting, Work From Home, Alpine Access is legit they're a customer service (phone) work from home job that pays I *believe* around $9 an hour so you'd have to work at least 37 hours a week or so to bring in $300 a week (after taxes) but it's all work from home.

And yes it's absolutely do-able. If you can type at least 75 wpm look into the transcription jobs. I work full time from home doing transcription work and make around $1,800 to $2,000 a month.

You could also look into doing daycare in your home, tutoring (if you have any educational/teaching experience), lessons if you have anything like music or art skills you could teach music lessons or art lessons.

Good luck!
September 9th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Thank you for the information. I have looked at that website before but all i found you had to put in an initial investment that i dont have at the moment. I can type around 65 wpm and am a fast learner. Can you tell me what company you work for and if they are doing any hiring. I am very accurate in my typing. I am currently in school for business administration and then continuing on to my bachlores in healthcare management.
September 9th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I work for a local company so unfortunately it isn't available to anyone outside my area due to the fact that they aren't digital they're tapes, so it wouldn't do any good for you.

ratrace doesn't have anything that requires any money for anything unelss you're purchasing something such as Avon, so not sure what you were looking at. Things like customer service jobs just need you to have a phone, internet, etc.

Yes transcription work you DO have to pay out of pocket to buy the start/stop type of software and to purchase a foot pedal, runs around $200. I had to buy a machine since I do tapes which ran me around $350 but I made that up in a week and IMO it was well worth the investment in order to save the gas money, and stay at home to work. Some you will need to purchase equipment from an outside source, but the CSR jobs typically you do not, the bloggging, writing, etc jobs you do not.

Good luck!
September 10th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Jen1409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Jen1409
transcription and medical coding and billing
if you do the courses through careerstep.com they provide the foot pedal
September 10th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen1409 View Post
transcription and medical coding and billing
if you do the courses through careerstep.com they provide the foot pedal
I've found places like that as well, unfortunately each company seems to require a different foot pedal or won't accept others. So just make sure tht whatever one they're "providing" is accepted at enough places if you cannot purchase one yourself. Even at that you can get foot pedals for around $75 which isn't a bad deal at all.
September 10th, 2009, 08:50 AM
lmarie13's Avatar Super Mommy
the only thing I've run into with transcription is they all require significant experience or training programs. Any suggestions on companies that don't require this?

Cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, natural birthing Mama of 2
September 10th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmarie13 View Post
the only thing I've run into with transcription is they all require significant experience or training programs. Any suggestions on companies that don't require this?
Unfortunately i don't. Most if not all of the ones I've seen require at least 2 years of experience.

But like I said go to rat race and click on non medical transcription and go down the list. They must have 30 sites at least listed there, just go down the list and look under requirements and see what it says. It also can't hurt to apply, some if your speed is fast enough they may waive the experience requirement.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search