Question for child care providers..

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Kimberley17's Avatar Veteran
My son is 20 months and goes to daycare 2 days a week. When he was an infant I used to get a sheet with what he ate and how long he napped etc.. Now I don't get anything. I don't expect to know how often he was changed or how much he ate (although it would be nice) but I would like to know how long he napped. Whenever I ask I don't get a difinitive answer. Is this typical for a child his age? I still wish I could get a sheet letting me know things. Am I off base??
December 18th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
In my experience, a sheet like that is not given at that age.

You could always ask them if they could write down when he naps, even if they put it on a post it note and stick with his stuff each day.
December 21st, 2009, 12:46 PM
ANGWife
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kris~ View Post
In my experience, a sheet like that is not given at that age.

You could always ask them if they could write down when he naps, even if they put it on a post it note and stick with his stuff each day.

Is it just one person caring for him? Maybe you can try to chat with them alittle more at the end of each day?
December 23rd, 2009, 01:52 PM
sweetgirl51305's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At my work we give out daily sheets for all ages. If they don't and you'd like to have one, maybe suggest to the teacher or management. Other parents might agree too that it'd be a good idea. In my experience it helps, especially the teachers when you have a lot of kids. If they don't have the sheets and won't do it for you, I'd suggest just asking the teacher. I talk to my parents for at least 5 minutes at the end of the day letting them know how they've done that day and anything special like that. Tell the teacher that you'd like to know how long your child naps each day, it shouldn't be that hard for them to make a note of it. Hope this helps. GL!
December 25th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Bluebunnygirl1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think daily sheets for kids under 3 is fairly typical. I have a 20 month old in my daycare and she goes home every day with a paper that tells what she ate, what time she ate, titles of stories we read, activities we did that day, and yes, at what time she fell asleep and woke up. I don't think its unreasonable at all for you to want to know how her day was.

August 19th, 2011, 04:01 PM
I'm kinda on the fence with this one because I understand you would like to know what they did that day but I couldn't see myself having the time to keep a daily sheet while taking care of all the kids. Maybe if I worked at center I could during nap time but being a home daycare I still have a ton of stuff to do while they nap. At the least though they should be able to tell you how long the nap was. Although I know my nap time is always the same so I don't mention how long to the parents unless they slept longer than usual, that way they know they may be either coming down with something or won't be tired as early as usual.
December 21st, 2011, 07:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't do a sheet, but I have an in home daycare and I am the only provider so the parents usually ask me each day and I just tell them. I remember because I only have 2 kids under 2 so it is easy to remember! It would be hard to remember to write everything down I am always super busy all day!

Thanks Chelsea (Graysmama) for my awesome siggie!
January 25th, 2012, 03:53 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
I have worked at 3 daycare centers and have been a nanny multiple times for multiple kids. I always gave out sheets for the kids. It said: What they ate, how much they ate, when they tried to go potty, when their diapers was changed, if they napped, what they did that day...

When I put my DD in a center and also home care, we also received the same thing.

If it is important to you, I would say to go ahead and talk to the person who is caring for your children.
Our beautiful miracle baby..
Welcomed after 2 years of TTC.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search