Hello again!!

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I came here awhile back asking questions about becoming an MT. Right now I am enrolled in the MT training course at Career Step and I am about halfway through it. However, I am the only one working and it's really stretching us thin. Is there any other work at home job that either I or my husband could do? I'm not picky. . .but I really don't know much about it.

My husbands only request is that the company takes the taxes out of the checks when they pay you. You girls have any suggestions?

I'm currently working full time as a CNA so I want something that's alittle more laid back and would be easy to do in the evenings. Thanks.
July 13th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Just curious why does your husband want it to be an employee versus a sub contractor? You don't get penalyzed for being a SC versus an employee and it's VERY easy to do your 1099 on things like Turbo Tax.

Check out Work at Home Jobs: Free Legitimate Work From Home Job Opportunities and they have a bunch of jobs in categories.

There's also Customer Service, Virtual Call Center Consulting, Work From Home, Alpine Access that is a customer service position pays around $10/hr and is employee.
July 14th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not really sure myself actually. That was just one of his stipulations for a work at home job.
July 14th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well I won't say it's impossible to find because there's a few (like Alpine) but most are sub contractor positions because it's beneficial to the company and keeps their costs lower so you may want to discuss that with him. Knocking those out will knock out a whole lot of opportunities for you.
July 15th, 2010, 05:58 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
Good links!
Our beautiful miracle baby..
Welcomed after 2 years of TTC.
July 16th, 2010, 05:09 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thansk for the links!!

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

July 16th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Meghan, those are some great links - thank you for sharing - I think they will be useful for lots of members!

What kind of area are you looking at for a WAH job in the meanwhile? How much will you need to make?

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

July 17th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Anything that can supplement are income. I would like to make roughly 400-500 a month.
July 17th, 2010, 04:11 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is what I am looking for also.

with out a start up fee. to me those aren't legit but I could be wrong.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

July 18th, 2010, 02:50 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Some are legit (though costly) but many are not so I am always wary of anything with a start-up fee as well.

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

July 18th, 2010, 02:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You have to look at what the start up fee is for. For me I had to pay $400 as a "start up" fee, but that was the cost of a transcription machine. I could purchase it from anyplace I wanted but the company I contract with had 3 specific brands that it had to be and the requirement that it had to be new (and yes they checked them and checked to make sure they were new). After we stopped doing tapes and went digital it was another $450 to purchase the digital software and that was something we could only purchase through them as it was made specifically for their company. So, in that instance the start up cost was required and was also legitimate.

I've seen customer service jobs that "start up" costs are things like you must have a landline phone with unlimited long distance, high speed internet, and a corded phone and headset for that phone (and a specific one)...again a legit cost.

Now if the company is simply asking you to pay them $100 in order to sign up with them that is absolutely NOT a legit cost and definitely be careful.

So you just have to be careful and look into what the start up fee entails, why do you need to pay it, can you go somewhere else to get the required stuff or is it mandatory that you go through the company, if it's mandatory WHY is it mandatory and those types of questions.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search