End of week progress report

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2010, 07:17 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How has your work been going this week? Any boasts or whines?

I've been working on expanding the Ebay side of my business this week, which totally took me by surprise with how quickly it took off so I've put some things on hold to help it grow.

My main whine is my laptop has been overheating And sometimes I've lost a bunch of work

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

July 16th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Work is REALLY slow today but I did end up with my full load (thank goodness) so all is well. Counting down the 2 weeks until this 6 1/2 week long pet sitting job ends...will be SO happy when it's over. That's about all.
July 17th, 2010, 02:06 AM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
Work is going really well this week. I took two weeks off to visit family out of town, and now I'm back into it. It's been really busy.
Our beautiful miracle baby..

Do you want to learn how to stretch your dollars further?
Come join us on the Frugal Mommies Board!
Latest Trip: Spent $90, Saved $400!
Latest donation trip: Spent $0, Saved $675!!!
Check out what I'm selling! Lots of baby/toddler things!

July 18th, 2010, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie2One View Post
Work is REALLY slow today but I did end up with my full load (thank goodness) so all is well. Counting down the 2 weeks until this 6 1/2 week long pet sitting job ends...will be SO happy when it's over. That's about all.
6 1/2 weeks sounds like SUCH an intense period of time to be pet sitting for. You must be exhausted! I hope the last 2 weeks pass quickly!

Co-Host of

July 18th, 2010, 03:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty_X View Post
6 1/2 weeks sounds like SUCH an intense period of time to be pet sitting for. You must be exhausted! I hope the last 2 weeks pass quickly!
Well I wouldn't say exhausted. I go to her home once a day for 40 minutes, feed, water the dogs, feed the fish, get the mail, check on the security of the property, turn on and off the lights, and then once a week or so clean up the yard of feces. I'm not pet sitting in my home, but in theirs and I don't do overnights because I have a family of my own, so it's once a day for 40 minutes. It's not hard or exhausting, just kind of a drag to be forced to go every single day, weekday or weekend.

Now last year her 2 dogs stayed at my house for that 6 1/2 weeks and man that was a LONG month and a half especially since her dogs don't get along with other dogs so I had to rotate them around with my 2 dogs between inside, outside, and crates and yeah it was a long 6 1/2 weeks. This year with my new doggie addition I told her I just couldn't do 5 dogs for that long especially since my German Shepherd is still so new here, young, and totally untrained when we got him. So she installed a doggie door in her place, taught them to use it, and that was the compromise. So it's been a lot better all the way around just going once a day and not having them here 24/7 for that time but like I said, sick or well, raining or dry, hot or not, tired or not still gotta go every single day for 6 1/2 weeks plus the 15 minute drive there and back. But I'm getting paid (although seriously discounted since it was so long) and the job paid to get the Rosetta Stone Spanish edition we wanted to get for our 8 year old son so I can't complain

And actually now that I look at my calendar I'm done one week from today woohoo.
July 22nd, 2010, 01:57 AM
I kind of meant mentally exhausting, trying to plan around doing that every day over such a long stretch, it must mess up your own plans knowing you have to do that every day for so many weeks. I'm glad you're so close to the end of it now! I hope the final few days go smoothly

Co-Host of

July 22nd, 2010, 09:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh I guess but I agreed to it back in March so I had plenty of time and we didn't have any plans 'cause hubby doesn't get vacation until August. Hey it was $614 paid for Rosetta Stone for my son that we'd been wanting to get so definitely not going to lick a gift horse in the mouth ya know. A bit of a pain to have to go everyday but it didn't really impact anything since I knew so far in advance.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search