? home employment agency

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Amber...1...2...3's Avatar Super Mommy
Has anyone used this site? I thought that it was kinda sketchy bc u have to use your personal ebay acct to post the items...I really need some extra money and wanna try this work from home approach but dnt know what is safe and what is fake? any input is appreciated!

~ThAnKs To BrOoKe16 fOr My BeAuTiFuL sIgGy!~
July 27th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Never heard of it. CAn you post the site or give some more info?
July 27th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Apply Now: Submit External Application

here is a link...you have to click on home employment agency and then put in ur zip code...

July 27th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
100% SCAM. First off the claims of I make $1,000 a week (or $900 or whatever it says) screams BOGUS secondly the whole 'as seen on TV' screams BOGUS third is just the way the site is set up, I've seen 300 more JUST like it all scams, fourth is that it says it has an A rating with the BBB however I actually CHECKED them on the BBB there is 2 of them one with that name another with that name DBA another name both have F ratings so they're lying too. And nobody pays $75 an hour unless you have MAJOR schooling (doctors, lawyers, pharmacists, etc).

STAY FAR FAR AWAY it's a 100% SCAM.
July 27th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Thank you!! I would have never checked the BBB!!!! I would have been SCAMMED!!!

July 27th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
ALWAYS check BBB before you start a work at home company you're not positive is legit. Typically if it's a scam millions of others have been scammed too and their rating will be on there. BBB is a wonderful tool for a lot of things. I've even chosen repair companies and online shopping companies through their BBB status as there's a search agent on the BBB site.

And you're welcome! Yeah if it sounds too good to be true (ie $75 an hour or $6,000 a month) it probably is.
July 28th, 2010, 03:40 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just got your PM about this. Yes, that is totally one to avoid. Always always search for info before you apply for something that you have to put your own money into. Search on Google for the position plus scam or reviews etc and make sure you thoroughly check it out. Don't be fooled by fake testamonials either - lots of them will have sites claiming to be 'reviews' but are just a part of them.

What kind of WAH jobs are you generally interested in? Is there an area you would like to try?

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

July 28th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Im not really sure, really Im willing to give (almost) anything a try....I have thought about Avon just for some extra cash but Im not sure how much you have to put into it....I know that Im gonna have to give a little before I can do much of anything but Im willing to do that....Currently I work full time at CitiCards so i handle collections....I was thinking about data entry maybe, but I can only work about 20 hours week....I am open for any suggestions!!!

I found one company and was really interested in it but couldnt get the position bc of credit score!!! My bad credit is from 4 years ago!! ALOT has changed!!!

July 28th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's crappy! I HATE HATE HATE companies that look at your credit score! Credit report fine credit score NO WAY. My credit score is crap...not because we did anything wrong but because we don't use credit cards at all anymore and have zero loans except our house. If we don't have the cash we don't get it, do it, etc. So because we don't use credit our score is crappy...oh but we have over $30,000 in the bank, plus a college fund for our son, and two 401K's and life insurance on us both so obviously have no problem paying any of our bills...but my credit score is crap because I don't use credit. So quite frankly that's a stupid reason not to hire you.

Did you try e-mailing or calling the company to explain it was awhile ago, circumstances have changed, etc? It may be worth talking to them and seeing what they say and see if they are understanding.

A credit score is not the end all and be all for pete's sake nor does it tell what kind of a person you are IMO. GRRR that just makes me SO mad!
July 29th, 2010, 05:37 AM
No I didnt call them, I just figured Id look elsewhere...Its just so aggrivating!!!!

July 30th, 2010, 03:32 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How has your search been going, honey? have you found any other possibilities that interest you?

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

August 14th, 2010, 11:19 AM
I know you mentioned that you were interested in trying something like AVON. I am a SAHM with 2 active boys (4 years and 2 years) I have never done AVON but I did start up with a company called Jewels by Park Lane. These were some of the reasons I joined: I can set my own hours, no monthly sales requirement, no inventory investment, free sample program, no delivery, rapid advancement opportunity.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search