Ideas for networking a home business

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Working Mommy!
What are ways to network and get out there to gain new customers and business builders? I am listing some and hope others will ad to this!
1) go to networking mixers-many cities have small biz mixers, Red Hot Mama's is one that is spreading all over the nation, Chamber mixers and events, (most of thier mixers have fee for non members ), women in business meetings, This is just a few there may be more.
2)PTA meetings, all of your kids sports, school events.
3) If your business has products that can be used in the classroom the beginning of the school year is a good time to donate a basket of goodies for the teacher! (this can get expensivef or higher grades) preschool and elementary are ideal.
4)Talk about what you do with everyone you meet! My kids are always telling me I talk to strangers all the time, mom you talk to everyone! And I do! It is a good thing when you work a business at home or not!
Please ad other ideas!
August 21st, 2010, 07:54 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
I have a website, I've been promoting on FB, and giving out catalogs/business cards when I can.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
September 22nd, 2010, 03:45 PM
My suggestion is not a quick method but I feel it will give a better long term investment. I have my own website, separate from the one from my product, where I am positioning myself as a business coach for people new to owning their own business or even considering it. This means I discuss different aspects of business, such as marketing, how to set up a website and defining your strengths and improving your weakness.

The goal is that I am providing information because I want to see new business owners succeed and if they are interested in working with me, they are welcome to join me in my direct sales business. One benefit is that hopefully by following along my website, they will be better educated on how to run their business and be more likely to succeed at it. That is my hope and goal anyways!

Like I said, this is an intensive effort and a long term investment!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search