Sooooooooooo excited!!

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh I'm SO excited. For the past like 3 weeks I've been struggling with the decision to get another POS chair or just to break down and buy the expensive (but REALLY good) chair.

As most of you know I'm a transcriptionist so yeah I sit on my butt in a chair 8-10 hours a day a minimum of 5 days a week a lot of times 6 and NEVER less than 2 hours at a time (typically closer to 3-4). So, needless to say my back is killing me pretty much 100% of the time. Now I have a bad back anyway but it's gotten WAY worse since I've started this job. And to boot I then have to replace my office chair every 8-12 months because they start getting so uncomfortable (no matter what I do with pillows, lumbar supports, etc). The chair I bought last year was $220, chiropractic association approved blah blah blah...yeah it SUCKS LoL. So I tried another (bought from Costco online..totally returnable) and it was worse.

So did some investigating and found the Herman Miller Aeron chair. Okay well this thing gets GREAT reviews and has adjustments up the wazoo...it's also a small fortune especially for a CHAIR. So decided this was too big of an investment to get online and hate so went to a store that sells it (about a 40 minute drive one way)....OH MY GOD I found heaven in a chair!! This thing is more comfy than my couch and my couch is really comfy LoL. I know how lame that sounds but no joke I sat in it and all of my back pain was just GONE. But still made myself come home and think about it (wasn't gonna buy it there anyway...cheaper online). Still mulling it over today and finally said screw it I'm gonna get it. I never buy stuff for me and I am in SO much pain all of the time I'm sick of it so I ordered it today and it'll be here Tuesday and I'm SO excited LoL.

To make it even better...I bought the chair I've been using for the last 8 months at Costco . I decided to write the comapny that makes it to request a refund because for $220 I expect it to last longer than 6 months before going flat and crippling me. They said they only deal with parts and to contact the store. Well Costco said no problem they'll take it back and credit back my credit card or give me cash whichever I used no problem. How cool is that!? So I have another $220 to put towards my new one. SO cool!

Anyway, here is what I got. I know it's rather ugly (most seem to think it looks cool, I personally find it too modern to be my style but comfort outweighs style for me hehe)m but it is oh so comfy and the arm rests not only move up and down but they move in and out too to support you if you're typing or doing something out to the side, it moves up and down, seat tilts forward and back, lumbar support moves up and down, lumbar support also tightens or softens, this thing can almost fly itself to the moon it has so many adjustments haha!

Herman Miller Aeron Home Office Ergonomic chair.

Okay, now that I've written a novel and feel totally stupid for being so excited over a CHAIR I will go now LoL.
August 16th, 2010, 05:41 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
looks like a great chair

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

August 16th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
For the cost it better be. But I figure I either pay $200 a year for the next however many years or just pay it out in one lump sum and just not buy another chair for 20 years. In the grand plan I should come out ahead but it's killing me to pay that kind of cash for a CHAIR...but at the same time it's killing me and crippling me to sit in this POS one that I have....damedif you do and damed if you don't ya know LoL.
August 16th, 2010, 01:37 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
I'm glad that you found a great chair! I think it looks and sounds awesome!
My beautiful miracle baby..

Do you want to learn how to stretch your dollars further?
Come join us on the Frugal Mommies Board!
Latest Trip: Spent $90, Saved $400!
Latest donation trip: Spent $0, Saved $675!!!

August 16th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleighgurl View Post
I'm glad that you found a great chair! I think it looks and sounds awesome!
Thanks let's hope so. It's not here yet so I can't say 100%. I sat in it at the store but only for 10 minutes...here's hoping that was enough. Store offered a 7 day return policy but they also wanted $150 more for it plus tax whereas I found it online for $150 less free shipping and no tax so I decided that for $200 or so less it was worth it to not have the 7 day return policy.

Yeah not wild about how it looks I'm not the modern furniture type, but nobody ever comes into our den (my office) but me, hubby, and kiddo so whatever I'm going for funtionality not style LoL.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search