What really works/

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Jasons_Mommy's Avatar I love my little man!!
Send a message via AIM to Jasons_Mommy
Hey ladies, ive been peaking around this borde for sometime now and have been looking at some sites. But i become overwelmed and scared of all the scams out there.

I am currently working full time and a full time student with 2 kids. I can barely make ends meet so i am looking to supplement my income. I would love to work from home but cant find anything that I am 100% sure about.

So what has worked for you guys? What do you reccommend?

Thank you Sara(misfitinmn) for my siggy!!
October 11th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Go to Work at Home Jobs: Free Legitimate Work From Home Job Opportunities EVERYTHING listed on their site is 100% legit (NO SCAMS), so you can feel confident applying for the positions that are there. They have opportunities categorized by what you can do (surveys, blogging, customer service, etc) then you go to the individual website and apply there. Again everything is 100% legit so you can apply and be good. They have TONS of sites listed on there. It really depends on what your skill levels are and what you're interested in and how much tiem you have so the best advice I can give you is to go to that site, check it out and the individual opportunities and choose something that works for you.

Good luck!
October 12th, 2010, 04:26 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
I just wanted to wish you luck in your search! I currently work full time out of the home, but I do direct sales on the side (which I, surprisingly, am loving!) so I'm not too familiar with the work at home jobs. Let us know what you decide to do!

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
October 18th, 2010, 03:24 PM
LisaW's Avatar Blessed Mama
What really works is to follow your passion. If you love the product and believe in the company, then you'll find success. Is there something that you would want to buy or a company that jumps out at you?

For me, I wanted a company where they didn't have a consultant on every corner and one where people would continue to come back to me for more. I didn't want to always have to seek out new customers every month.

I wish you luck! There are a lot of great companies out there.

Lisa

My Scentsy Website
Email Me!
October 25th, 2010, 03:58 PM
What about starting small as a freelancer? There is a website called Fiverr where people will post what they are willing to do for $5. It is free to sign up. That would give you an opportunity to get your feet wet and you don't really need to "sell" anything. I wrote a short free report on Fiverr and other related websites. You can get it free at Free Report to Earning Money Today

Much luck to you!
October 28th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't trust anything online but there are alot of legitimate business complanies out there, although they do often have a start up cost. The company I work for charges $89 for a start up kit, which gives you enough stuff to do 4 parties and plenty of outside sells. What I did is write a list of all the companies i could think of Avon,Marykay, 31, Tastefully Simple, and so on I did research as to what was needed in my area and thought about what I would be passionate about and I found it...Good luck to you
October 28th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Nothing wrong with online (plenty are, such as Speak Write and survey companies) as long as they are legitimate companies. You just have to do your homework but don't shy away just because they're online companies. Most transcription companies are 100% online due to the nature of the business everything can be done electronically, same with surveys, free lance writing, and many others.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search