new mom-to-be ...needs advice

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Super Mommy
Hi everyone,
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but you all seem to know a lot about child care....
Anyways, I am due in April and won't be going back to work until September (I'm a public school teacher), so baby will be about 5 months old when he/she starts day care. I'm trying to investigate my options and am beginning to realize that day care isn't really flexible. I would be home for school vacations and summers and probably only need 4 days a week because of DH's work schedule, I really don't want to pay for time when baby is not there....I know that it would take a spot that the provider could be (and deserves to be) paid for.
DO any of you have teacher's kids in your day cares? How does it work? Also, about how much should I expect to pay (I live in Connecticut).
Thanks for any answers or other advice you have!
-Katie

[url=http://lilypie.com][/url
November 2nd, 2010, 08:20 PM
Hi! So I have never posted here before, but I just want to sort of throw in my two cents. I work at a large day care center and I have seen just about every type of situation you can imagine, including teacher's kids! My center offers part time care, and there are actually quite a few kids that don't come in the summer time. In my infant room we have several part time babies. Once we even had one that only came for two hours in the afternoon b/c the parents work schedule overlapped just a little bit! I would start touring now and inquiring about whether they offer part time and if you pull your child in the summer if there will be a spot for him/her in the fall. My center is large enough that there will always be enough room (and they don't like to say no to money). Of course, not everywhere is like this. Also, for an infant where I work (in the midwest) we charge almost $250. Yikes!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search