How do I find an in home provider?????

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Regular
This is my first pregnancy and I have no idea how to go about finding someone that is in their home. I really hate the idea of daycare and was hoping if I find someone in their home it would be a little better. I live in AZ, I thought maybe JM would have a breakdown of each state to talk to people from the same area, but I don't think they do. Any ideas how I find someone like this & if so typically are they more expensive than the daycare centers?? We don't have much to spend & I'm starting to freak out about the costs. I would like to keep my house!

Thanks for any input!!

After 2 1/2 years of trying & 2 miscarriages, all it took to get pregnant was to buy a house and stop trying! Looks like the 3rd time is the charm!

February 2, 2011

November 22nd, 2010, 10:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I live in Canada so it may be a little different. But here there are a couple of ways to find in-home daycares.

First of all, in my city there is a Child Care Providers Network that parents can contact and if there are daycare providers registered in their part of town, they receive the phone number and email address of the providers and they can contact them either way.

Also, many of the home daycares here advertise on websites like craigslist. The ads will have basic information about the daycare and contact info.

Are there playgroups or other young families in your neighborhood? You could try talking to them. They would probably be able to provide you with information too.

Good luck!
November 22nd, 2010, 11:40 AM
somo_chickenlady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You can check your local Craigslist (if you have one). That's where a lot of our local home daycare providers post ads for their daycares. You can email them and pick a few of your favorite ones and interview them and choose from there. Good luck!!

Click on my blinkies!!

**thank you SO much to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy
and to CupcakeJamie and Niamh ૐ for my blinkies!!**
November 22nd, 2010, 04:02 PM
Regular
thanks for the input. Craigslist sounds a little scary. Couldn't just anyone put in an ad?

After 2 1/2 years of trying & 2 miscarriages, all it took to get pregnant was to buy a house and stop trying! Looks like the 3rd time is the charm!

February 2, 2011

November 23rd, 2010, 01:58 PM
luvmygirls333's Avatar Super Mommy
I know it sounds a little creepy, but you would obviously interview the people first. There are SAHMs that advertise on there who just want to make a little extra money, and there are also registered in home daycares, and nannies too. You can choose what you are comfortable with.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search