Melaleuca?

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2010, 08:34 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I went through an online presentation tonight for Melaleuca and I'm not sure if I want to do it or not. I just got laid off and really need some income. However I don't have $29 to spend on membership... do I really have to buy something every month? If so how much? Are any of you successful with this company? I've read nothing but good things but just not sure.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

December 19th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was NOT successful and lost the money I had put into it. I personally don't use enough of the stuff they sell to buy stuff monthly and didn't do sell at sales myself.

Good luck in making a decision.
December 28th, 2010, 10:55 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't recommened it. You do have to buy 35 product points each month and mine always come to be around $80 a month and it was for things I didn't need yet but I had to buy.

I wasn't successful at all.

Good Luck with your decision!!

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

December 30th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Hello,
I've worked from home with Melaleuca for a while now and really like it. It can be a wonderful and profitable option for Moms wanting to work from home and still care for their families.

That being said, if you've just been laid off and need to generate income quickly, this may not be the right time for you to start Melaleuca. The reason I say this is because it takes time to build a business and generate cash flow. The earning potential with Melaleuca is great, but realize that you are starting a business and it takes time to market, network, and build your team.

Now, I'm not saying that it can't be done quickly...I've seen people achieve Director and beyond in their first few months of business. But in my experience that is not the average.

Also, one of the key success factors in Melaleuca (or any other network marketing business) is having a good sponsor - someone to teach, coach, and mentor you for success. I personally mentor each person on my team to ensure they feel supported and have the tools and resources they need to succeed. So you may also want to think about that before joining.

Overall I am pro-Melaleuca - I think it' s a great company and if you stick with it and have the right marketing plan, mentor and resources, it can be a fantastic thing. I'm happy to share all of my Melaleuca experiences with you - I will tell it to you straight with no sugar-coating. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you want to chat.

I wish you the best of success!

Kara Rosner
January 21st, 2011, 03:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Weekly View Post
I would never recommend Melaleuca to anyone.
January 24th, 2011, 06:18 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Melaleuca myself either. I'd recommend something that is more like a job, and not a business so that you can start generating income sooner.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
May 1st, 2011, 09:22 PM
Wow! I have been with this company for a year and a half and love it more everyday. 6 items/month could include dish soap, laundry detergent, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, and body wash. I cannot imagine anyone not needing these things every month and I buy the bundle packs and take full advantage of the loyalty dollar program to save money. I guess that I never saw shopping there as a burden - I was excited to try everything because I had wanted to start using safer products anyway. My son had eczema, I had horrible allergies, my daughter had infant asthma and we were all just at the doctor all the time. I cannot tell you how much these products have greatly affected our health. I would recommend our company to anyone and do agree that it takes time to build a business - it is definitely not a get quick rich scheme and it takes consistency and hard work. I guess it may not be for everyone, but it was the perfect fit for me and the many others that I am helping on my team.
May 1st, 2011, 09:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhealthymom View Post
Wow! I have been with this company for a year and a half and love it more everyday. 6 items/month could include dish soap, laundry detergent, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, and body wash. I cannot imagine anyone not needing these things every month and I buy the bundle packs and take full advantage of the loyalty dollar program to save money. I guess that I never saw shopping there as a burden - I was excited to try everything because I had wanted to start using safer products anyway. My son had eczema, I had horrible allergies, my daughter had infant asthma and we were all just at the doctor all the time. I cannot tell you how much these products have greatly affected our health. I would recommend our company to anyone and do agree that it takes time to build a business - it is definitely not a get quick rich scheme and it takes consistency and hard work. I guess it may not be for everyone, but it was the perfect fit for me and the many others that I am helping on my team.
Personally I don't need those things monthly. I buy a bottle of Shampoo at Costco once every 12-18 months for my son. My conditioner and shampoo I only use Bed Head, I buy one bottle of shampoo every 8 months and one bottle of conditioner every 6, soap I go through one bar a month (but can only use Cetaphil anyway), and dishsoap I buy Dawn once every 6-8 months for dishes and dishwasher detergent once every 4-6 months and laundry soap once every 4 months or so. I'd go broke buying that stuff monthly
May 24th, 2011, 12:26 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did like some of their products just didn't need it every month. and I found them to bepricey. Could get it cheaper on sale and with a coupon

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search