Is Network Marketing a Viable Alternative to a Full or Part Time Job?

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2010, 07:47 AM
I’ve been asked this question many times. Unfortunately, this is not a simple YES or NO question. I often times answer with “it depends”…and discuss a few important points with the person who is asking the question. I usually think of the response in terms of timeframe: SHORT-TERM and LONG-TERM.

SHORT-TERM: If you are looking for a quick solution to replace a partial or full income loss, or if you are looking for a way to make supplemental income in a short amount of time, I usually say NO – network marketing is not your best path.

The reason I say this is because IN GENERAL building a successful network marketing business can take a lot of time and effort to get off the ground and turn profitable. There can sometimes be financial investments that are necessary to get a business up and running (these should be MINIMAL – any company that requires large up-front investments should be closely examined for legitimacy). It can take a lot of time to market your business as well. There are several free marketing methods that can be very effective, but it takes time to develop relationships and ultimately have people join your business.

That being said, I want to point out that there are many people who have built very successful businesses in a short amount of time. I’ve seen it happen more than once; however, from my experience it takes at least a few months of consistent, solid effort to build your business and generate positive cash flow. So if you are looking for a short-term cash flow solution, network marketing may not be the best path for you.

LONG-TERM: Absolutely! In my opinion network marketing is an excellent alternative for those who want to make a positive change in their lifestyle, work schedule, income level and flexibility. I often find that the most successful network marketers are those that understand that building a business takes time but are dedicated and willing to make it happen. If you have the desire to build your business, and understand that it may take some time before generating positive cash flow, network marketing could be an excellent choice for you.

Seek out a mentor that is actively involved in network marketing and pick their brain about marketing methods and how they became successful. Pick a great company that offers excellent training and resources to support your business building efforts. Develop a strategy that works for you and go for it!

So you can see that it really does depend on your situation and circumstances whether or not network marketing is a viable option for you. If you are considering network marketing, hopefully I have provided some good points to think about when making your decision.

Tags
does mlm work , network marketing , start network marketing

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search