Payment Help

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2011, 06:48 PM
butterfly68's Avatar Super Mommy
I sell Avon and I have a customer who is 3 months late paying me, has given me 2 bad checks and a string of excuses on why she can't pay me right away. Usually it's "i'll come friday" and then she doesn't show. Her latest one is that her and her husband are having issues and he's being an ***** and wont give her any money.

I'm not really sure what I can do about this. any ideas??

*Thankyou Kiliki for my wonderful siggy*

Nearly 7 months since I quit smoking!!
January 19th, 2011, 08:25 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
maybe just take the loss and don't take anymore orders from her.

you can take her to court for the bad checks but that will cost you too.

I hope you can get some payment

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 20th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
Did you give her the order before payment? If so, you should check with your local police department on the statute of limitation for theft. If it's still possible, you can file charges.

If you didn't (and hopefully this is the case) then refuse anymore business from her and see if you can't sell her order to some other clients for, maybe, a discounted price? To at least cover the money you had to shell out for it.

January 20th, 2011, 01:09 PM
butterfly68's Avatar Super Mommy
She does already have the products unfortunatley. She's done business with other people I know so felt ok takign a check from her.

She owes me $640. So it's a lot of money to just take a loss.

*Thankyou Kiliki for my wonderful siggy*

Nearly 7 months since I quit smoking!!
January 20th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Just as a word of advice, if you're going to take checks that's fine but don't ever give away the product/service until they've cleared, or just don't take checks at all and keep it to cash or money orders. Unfortuantely sometimes a hard lesson ends up being learned (I'm sure we've all been burned at one time or another).

You can try to take her to small claims court and tack on the fees to your amount so you can recover those. You'd probably win the case if you have copies of the NSF checks and she'd have to pay or they'd issue a warrant for her arrest.

Other than taking her to small claims court (no attorney needed) there's really not a whole lot else you can do.

Good luck hope you get your money back, if not at least it's a lesson learned and it won't happen again.
January 22nd, 2011, 05:50 PM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
Ouch! That's a lot of money. Like Meghan said, probably should avoid giving products before payment has cleared, in the future.

You're in Canada, yeah? According to this: Canadian Laws About Bad Checks | eHow.com You can file a False Pretenses case against her since she wrote you that check while not being able to cover it. I don't know anything about legal procedure in Canada but it's something to look into.

I wish you luck! It's definitely something to not take lightly.

January 24th, 2011, 06:16 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not familiar with laws and such in Canada at all, but have you tried asking Avon if they have any suggestions? Or maybe another rep who has been in the business for a longer time period than you?

I hope you will be able to get your money back. That's a lot of money to lose.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
January 24th, 2011, 06:48 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't realize it was that much money, so I wouldn't take the loss either.

I would see about taking her to small claims court

Good Luck

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

June 12th, 2011, 11:47 PM
Ryan and Alex's Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just my 2 cents, never give products without recieving payment, it's just like going to a store and stealing. She got her stuff and your poop out of luck and she knows it. I would have stopped letting her purchase stuff after the first time she didn't pay, why you would let it get to $640.00 just blows my mind.
Other than that i'd try what the other ladies said and also ask Avon what they suggest you do.

August 4th, 2011, 04:14 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
Wow! Yeah, I would try to take her to small claims court or see what Avon says.
Our beautiful miracle baby..
Welcomed after 2 years of TTC.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search