How to Avoid One of the Biggest Network Marketing Mistakes

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2011, 09:05 AM
As a network marketing beginner I had joined a great company with excellent products that I really liked. I was excited about telling my natural market (and anyone else who would listen!) about the products and how great they were. I was confident that people would love them as much as I did, and my team would start growing quickly.

Well, I was totally wrong. Sure, there were a few people who were interested in the products, but the response was generally lukewarm at best. Why weren’t these people as excited as I was about the products? How could I convey how great they were?

I soon came to realize the error of my ways: I was focusing way too much on the products themselves, instead of helping people understand how I could provide SOLUTIONS to their needs. Once I stopped pitching my business from a product standpoint and started focusing on solutions, things started to change.

You see, most people don’t join network marketing because they want the best new vitamins, the healthiest new juice or any other product. They join because they are motivated by a certain need: increased financial stability, a desire to work from home, a flexible schedule, being their own boss, etc. Your job as a network marketer is helping people discover how you can help them meet their needs…not pitching your products (product discussions can and will come later).

I examined my own reasons for becoming involved in network marketing. Yes, I did really like the products offered by my company. But my true motivation was more than that – I wanted the chance to build my own business, help others and ultimately achieve financial freedom. Network marketing offered me the SOLUTION to my needs…and I ultimately joined to have the chance to achieve this.

So instead of leading off with my company’s products when talking with prospects, I now focus on how I can help them achieve their goals. I spend time talking with my prospects, getting to know them and their motivations for considering network marketing, and then show them how I can provide solutions for their needs. Of course, it is important to have a great company with products you believe in; however, most people are not looking for great products but a great opportunity to achieve the lifestyle they want.

So if you’re a network marketing beginner or have been in network marketing for a while but not achieving the results you want, try changing your focus from products to solutions if you haven’t already. Hopefully you will see a positive difference!

If you like this post, please feel free to visit my profile to learn more about me

To Your Success,

Kara Rosner
January 19th, 2011, 09:24 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
good advice

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

Tags
mlm , mlm success , multi level marketing , network marketing

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search