Anyone else out there?

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2011, 01:59 PM
mticknor's Avatar Veteran
Anyone else out there start a home based business from scratch? I mean your OWN business? If so, I'd love to hear what you do! I did back in 2009 and it's been very rewarding, but also a real challenge. It took at least a year and a half for me to even get up and running. And I have only really taken off in the last 2 months. I love what I do but man, does it ever take a lot of time and patience. I'd love to see what has worked for other people in the same situation for as and how long it took for them to really get up and running!
January 25th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes I started my own pet sitting business 3 years ago.
January 26th, 2011, 08:20 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't but wish you luck

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

February 21st, 2011, 12:01 AM
I have a music related business with my husband that we are revamping.
April 3rd, 2011, 04:17 PM
I started a diaper cake and specialty baby shower gift business with my sister. Been amazing. We advertised in local baby shops, birth places, school anywhere really..I also do fruit carvings and baskets (went to culinary school)
April 25th, 2011, 09:51 PM
SummerSet2011's Avatar Addicted To Salt!
i started an online saltwater livestock shop a little over a year ago. It took me 3 months to build the website which was my major pit fall. At times i feel locked into a spot where i cant expand with it.
If you want to start something from scratch GO for it but be sure to go all out in the beginning. Dont get one of those free websites get a .com its much easier and you have the ability to expand and create your own stuff. Depending on what you want to do or sell be sure your site has enough space too as that is another major thing i hear people complain about.
June 30th, 2011, 04:03 PM
luvHim's Avatar Expecting #6
I started selling opks, pg tests, and fertility kits in April of this year and it's taking a while for it to really get going good. But I have learned ALOT!

D~10 T~8 M~7 L~5 W~2

Angel #4
6wk6d February 11, 2012

August 4th, 2011, 04:52 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
I loved reading everyone's stories! I am just starting to start up my own business. It's been slow getting it started, but I'm so excited!
Our beautiful miracle baby..
Welcomed after 2 years of TTC.
August 14th, 2011, 09:27 AM
I sure did. I created a number of income streams by creating multiple web-businesses based on my own passions and interests. My online empire first began in 2007 with an online Tuscan interior decor & design site... I built it while I was pregnant and on bed rest!

It generates automated income (through these years) as all my other web-businesses do.

Absolutely incredible because I am able to help people by sharing what I am knowledgeable and passionate about. Cannot go wrong with building out your "YOU" business this way... You've got to enjoy your business in order to succeed in it.

Patrice
December 12th, 2011, 12:41 AM
Currently starting up our own business importing and distributing baby products. Lot's of work!
December 16th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Brandy Luing Send a message via Skype™ to Brandy Luing
I started my own business 5 years ago and I have up and downs all the time, more ups then downs but it takes a lot of effort to make a business go smoothly and you have to be open to new ideas. Good luck !

WORK AT HOME UNITED
BRANDY LUING
DIRECTOR VII
TAYLOR, DEVIN, JESSE JR, BROOKE, AND EASTON

www.workathomeunited.com/brandy
February 6th, 2012, 05:33 AM
I started my business by selling gift baskets.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search