What is your biggest challenge?

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2011, 07:07 PM
brynnkelley04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In your child care what is your biggest challenge and how do you deal or try to deal with it?

Brynn 30,
Rich 41, Marcus 11, Gavin 8
~~IVF #4 using Donor Eggs=BFP
~~April 18th 1st U/S=TWINS! Baby A 128bpm Baby B 124bpm

February 11th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Albertachick's Avatar Regular
My biggest challenge is getting dcparents to actually read my Parent Handbook before actually signing a contract with me.

I find Parents just sign the contract without reading the handbook.

I know I can't actually make them read the handbook, so I just enforce all my policies and when they look at me with total shock or surprise on their face.
I simply say: Well it's in the contract you signed.

March 12th, 2011, 04:57 PM
My biggest challenge is that home daycare can be isolating. I love the kids I watch and I was a teacher before this but I hate being home with them all day. My husband travels a lot for work so there are seriously several days where I do not have a real adult conversation in person with anyone. I love running my own daycare, it's the home part that is hard for me.
March 14th, 2011, 04:36 AM
brynnkelley04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliecma View Post
My biggest challenge is that home daycare can be isolating. I love the kids I watch and I was a teacher before this but I hate being home with them all day. My husband travels a lot for work so there are seriously several days where I do not have a real adult conversation in person with anyone. I love running my own daycare, it's the home part that is hard for me.
I completely agree and understand where you are coming from. I did in home child care for 4 years about 8 years ago. I felt the same way and by 6pm closing I was to tired to go out with friends or do anything but relax.

It's definitely nice now having my own center with 22 employees. I still work 10 hour days but I can come and go as I please for grocery shopping, doctor appointments, director's meetings and other things.

Sorry to hear that is so frustrating for you. Do you have a friend that can come over and visit during nap time or that can come over when all the kiddos are gone?

Brynn 30,
Rich 41, Marcus 11, Gavin 8
~~IVF #4 using Donor Eggs=BFP
~~April 18th 1st U/S=TWINS! Baby A 128bpm Baby B 124bpm

March 23rd, 2011, 08:17 AM
My biggest challenge is not only parents reading my rules, but I myself having to enforce them. The few times I have enforced them I have had very ugly responses from my parents. I wish parents realized just how hard this job really is. I wished they realized that I do love their kids, but at 5:30 pm I am ready for them to be GONE, not 5:35.
March 23rd, 2011, 10:55 AM
I'm just getting started, but I'm already finding my biggest challenge to be parents. They are already trying to take advantage of me. They show up late without calling. They try to get me to lower my rates and don't pay on time. I'm also nervous about keeping up with 6 kids at once!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search