Please help how do I handle this?

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Veteran
Hi There

I'm new to this board. I'm a mother of twins and have been sending them to a home day care for about a year now. I think I'm a pretty good parent as I always pay my my day care lady on time or a day early, I don't send them sick, any hint of a sickness I keep them at home. I pay her weekly rates and the are only there from about 8:45am-4pm (my kids are the last ones there and the first to be picked up). If I'm going to be late getting there or if I think my husband will be late I ALWAYS call but that rarely happens. If I think my kids need more food in the morning because they didn't eat well the night before I send breakfast with them- eggs and ham.

Here is the issue. There's this kid at her day care who keeps HITTING my twins. I told my kids to just tell one of the adults and walk away from him. My twins are 4 years old. I spoke to one of the day care helpers (she has 4 helpers) and the lady there told me that he has issues (divorced home, potty trained late, still needs to eat in a high chair, and hits people) she told me that he needs to be hit back and that they should hit him back, but I'm taking that as she was just blowing off steam not something that needs to be done. What should I do? I don't want to take my kids out of there but I won't tolerate them being bullied by another kid. How should I approach this issue? Obviously I need to talk to my sitter but how would you handle this?
February 16th, 2011, 06:27 AM
Albertachick's Avatar Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylou View Post
. I spoke to one of the day care helpers (she has 4 helpers) and the lady there told me that he has issues (divorced home, potty trained late, still needs to eat in a high chair, and hits people) she told me that he needs to be hit back and that they should hit him back,
Right there I would report the Day care Provider: Never ever should she tell another child to HIT back. Hitting a child with special needs only encourages that child to hit back, so when does the line get drawn.....

I would sit down with ALL the Providers in the daycare and have a talk about this child that is hitting.
Just becuase this child has behavioural issues DOES NOT GIVE ANYONE THE RIGHT TO HIT!!!!!
These Providers need a game plan to keep ALL children safe including this dcb.

If this daycare can not provide a SAFE environment for your twins and the rest of the kids in the centre then I would be pulling my children's out so fast heads would be spinnng.

I completely understand kids will be kids and yes unfortunately children do hit others, BUT this is a llittle over the top in my opinon

February 16th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Veteran
Thanks for your advise and support. I talked to the lady in charge she told me that this kid has hit his cousin but hasn't seen him hit my kids and he's usually separated from my kids and she'll watch him. As for her helper I think she was blowing off steam.

I thought about taking my kids out and was looking at other places but I don't think we're at that stage. I asked one of my kids about him last night and told me that when the hitter came around him, he just walked away.
February 16th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Albertachick's Avatar Regular
Communication is a big part of child care. That's great that you were able to discuss things with the director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylou View Post
I asked one of my kids about him last night and told me that when the hitter came around him, he just walked away.
Aww kids are so smart... maybe if your twins do this for awhile the hitter will realize no one wants to play with him and hopefully he will stop hitting.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search