Need some help

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2011, 03:29 PM
amrysmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello ladies, I occassionally lurk on this board just to get some WAH ideas, and I've been thinking about this for awhile, well since I had my little girl, about starting up my own website and selling flower headbands. I know lots of places do that, but they all look the same, and I feel mine are much more unique than the ones most people sell. I guess first of all, do you think that is a marketable idea? Second, I'm really not sure how to go about starting my own web-based company. I don't expect instant results or anything and know it will be lots of hard work which I don't mind, but if anyone could give me input I would greatly appreciate it.
February 25th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well it depends. Do you need to make a full time income doing this or is this just for part time income for some fun money/eating out money/misc money?
February 26th, 2011, 05:30 PM
amrysmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope it doesn't need to be full time income, just something a little extra to bring in
February 26th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If you're not depending on it for income, then IMO anything is worth a shot. If it doesn't take off you're really not out anything, and if it does take off then you're doing that much better.

Good luck!
February 28th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Hi Hellokitti,
First of all, the headbands are cute and your kids are gorgeous! I currently work from home and have also started and run my own business in the past, so I have a lot to share about this. But to keep it brief, I definitely recommend you write a business plan before starting your website - you can keep it brief, but it will allow you to think about your financials and how you are going to market your business.

You can set up a website pretty easily these days (you can use Wordpress for free, and use a simple e-commerce site called e-Junkie for relatively inexpensive every month) and get on your way...but getting customers will probably be the biggest challenge. So it's important to think through how you will market your business. There are many ways to do this - online through social media sites (Facebook, LinkedIn), using Google AdWords, word of mouth, etc. Writing a brief business plan will help think through how you want to approach your business.

If you want to chat more about this, please feel free to contact me anytime!

Thanks,

Kara
KaraRosnerOnline.com
Helping Moms Work From Home

Last edited by NetworkingMama; February 28th, 2011 at 07:29 AM.
March 7th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Etsy is the place for you. Have you been to that site? If you haven't, it's awesome and has some amazing artisans! It's a great place to start.

Stitched For Kids - Personalized Super Hero Capes, Personalized Hooded Towels, Nap Mats, Personalized Father/Son shirts, Toddler Aprons!
"Like" us on Facebook!
April 5th, 2011, 03:42 PM
mticknor's Avatar Veteran
I agree. I'd say Etsy would be a great place for you to start out

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search