Out of Control Toddler

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2011, 10:25 AM
I have a 27 month old boy in my program that started out as a little angel. My son had some trouble adjusting to having constant playmates and I used to wish my DS could be more like this child. haha. Well, the mother used to ask me every day how he did and was shocked when I said he was great. Fast forward a couple weeks. It seems he's gotten comfortable here and has turned into a complete terror. He pushes and chokes my DS. He steals toys from other kids and when they object he'll throw them into walls. He is very big for his age. Even when I have just him and my DS, I can't take my eyes off of them because I'm afriad he'll hurt my DS. The child has even hit and head butted me. He kicks me dog. Today was a particularly bad day and I'm wondering what I should do. I don't want to abandon this child because I think he's needs a loving, consistent place to spend his days. His home life is not very stable. I've tried talking to the mother and she just laughs it off and says he hits her all the time. I put him in time out again and again. He'll be fine for a few minutes and then go right back to acting out when something doesn't go his way. My DS acts out at times too and I understand that two year old test their limits, but I'm worried that he is going to seriously hurt another child. What would you do?
April 1st, 2011, 08:34 AM
Albertachick's Avatar Regular
I personally would terminate effective immediately. ANy Parent that laughs off the fact that their child is chocking, hitting and kicking etc is not welcome in my home.

All children in my day home deserve to be safe.

So the next time he hurts a child mom gets a call to come and pick up the child asap. If mom refuses than I would be putting in a call to social services to come and pick up the child.

If your not in the position to terminate than you had better up your day home liability insurance, because one day very soon, this child is going to seriously hurt you or your ds or another child in your care.

Good Luck!

April 2nd, 2011, 05:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree that terminating is probably the best option. I understand that you want to be able to provide him with a stable environment, considering he doesn't have one at home, but it can't be at the expense of the other children's safety. It's one thing for a child to hit when they're first learning it's wrong or when they get carried away once in a while, but for it to be a regular thing is unacceptable. You have to think of what is best for all the children in your care.

Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search