question for product consultants...

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2011, 10:30 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
how do you tell people about the product without coming off as really...fake? I guess....I sell and love Arbonne and have used the products for a few years....and really believe in them and what they stand for....but i have a hard time as far as getting people to listen to me.

Im not sure how other consultant businesses work, but my leader is so pushy it turns me off (ive only been a consultant for a month) and the pushier she is, the more I find myself resisting.

Also, when you host parties...what are some of your favorite themes? How do you frugally plan a nice party? For instance, i was wanting to host a spa night...but man that looks like it could get pricey!

thoughts?

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
November 6th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Brandy Luing Send a message via Skype™ to Brandy Luing
Maybe you should rethink the business are they really good and do people have to spend more money on the products that are already buying ? or are they just switching stores to where they do there daily shopping or monthly shopping. I am asking this because I don't like MLM's and lot of people turn there heads when they know it's one. I have been with melaleua for 4 1/2 years and I have no issuse getting people the information becuase they are just switching stores and no new money is being spent. I hope this all make sense if not just email me and we can chat more ... Good Luck !

WORK AT HOME UNITED
BRANDY LUING
DIRECTOR VII
TAYLOR, DEVIN, JESSE JR, BROOKE, AND EASTON

www.workathomeunited.com/brandy
November 14th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I sell Avon and what I do is I only recommend products that I myself use. If someone asks me about a product I don't know about, I am honest with them and let them know that I have never used the product.

I also dislike pushy people. I make most of my new customers strictly through my happening to mention Avon in the course of a typical conversation. I have outfits, jewelry, & a pair of boots from Avon. When I am complimented on them I mention where they came from. Things like that. I don't randomly walk up to people and try to shove a book on them. While I don't earn a ton doing it this way, I get repeat customers & relationships with my customers. That's more important to me.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
November 27th, 2011, 10:49 AM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
I agree with Cesca. I think you can talk about it without being pushy. I always tell others why I love my products (and I let others at my parties who have stuff share why they love it too!).

I'm sorry your leader is so pushy. I've heard of other consultants with different companies who have really pushy leaders and it makes it hard to run their business. I always support my girls, but what they do/sell is really up to them since it is their business.

As far as parties, when I do themed parties, most of the time the hostess provides much of the theme (as food/snacks) and I might do one or two door prizes that are inexpensive and relate to the theme. Don't spend more than you are making.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
December 19th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Sour Amaretto's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Sour Amaretto
I am in Arbonne too and I love what I do! That stinks your upline is pushy Dont let that discourage you! I am really passionate about the products but I dont "sell" arbonne, The products truly sell themselves. I have ladies that do mamas minivans and muffins, as morning parties, or muffins and mimosa's on a saturday morning. There are soo many different ideas! Just stay positive and keep searching!

I always tell my hostess to throw out some chips and a few drinks and always offer to pick up something if they need it. But I believe you have to "give up" to go up, so I give a free hostess gift, I do drawings for gift bags, plus there are several ways I let my hostess earn free products! Remember its your business you can work it however you see fit!

Wife to: J
Mommy to:
Minion 1 2*3*05
Minion 2 6*3*08
Minion 3 7*22*11
Minion 4 7*30*12
Minion 5 due 9/20/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search