Working from home??? Please help :(

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sarahlorrain

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Kati1988's Avatar Member
Hi ladies . My name is Kati and I am new to this board (my first post here actually), and I really need some help.....

Our family is in a bit of a predicament (financially), as are lots of families lately.
My husband is on a commission only job, and things are too tight. Our bills are always behind lately and I just can't take the stress anymore. We've separated before due to money issues and I don't want that to happen again, so I'm wondering if you guys know where I can find a decent WAH job. I can't fathom putting my girls into daycare (the cost alone would take my entire check).
I'm so frustrated I want to cry. The amount of money he brings home a month, there is NO reason why we should be struggling, but he has this whole "I don't make money to save it, I make it to spend it" motto (as he calls it) going on. I've tried talking to him about it, I've tried nagging him, I've tried everything I can possibly thing of. I started giving up buying stuff for me so that we would have that extra money and now he's starting to just spend that on himself.
So I am hoping that if I can find a job I can use that money to pay at least some of the bills because I can't take this stress anymore. He tells me not to stress about it, but how can I not? My children's home and well being are at stake here.

So my questions are 1. Do you know anywhere that pays decent working from home? 2. Is the company legitimate? I have a high school diploma, no college at this time. Internet access and a phone (if knowing any of that helps). If you need to know anything else feel free to ask. I'm desperate, but I need it to be a Work at home job.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 11th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Have you looked at working on one of the freelance websites doing anything from webpage design to research?
December 15th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
ratracerebellion.com is an excellent resource... especially if you can do customer service-type stuff. All they list are legit companies. It seems most of the companies hiring are ones that require a home landline and do some sort of customer service or tech support. My sister has been working for one (I forget which one) for about 3 years now and loves it.

Anywho, give RRR a look over and see what you can find.

December 16th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Brandy Luing Send a message via Skype™ to Brandy Luing
I am really sorry to hear you are going thou this at this time for year, I too know the feeling. I work from home and have been for 5 years you can email me if you want to talk more about what I do...

Just know this will past and only make you stronger

WORK AT HOME UNITED
BRANDY LUING
DIRECTOR VII
TAYLOR, DEVIN, JESSE JR, BROOKE, AND EASTON

www.workathomeunited.com/brandy
February 13th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Super Mommy
I do medical transcription at home. It is legitimate, but it you do have to get training for it, which I understand can be a cost issue.
February 15th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Veteran
You can definitely find a wah job. I would recommend wahm forum and workplacelikehome as well.
February 16th, 2012, 07:38 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There are quite a few options out there: customer service, telesales, writing, blogging, transcription, data entry (there aren't actually many legit data entry jobs, but there are a few, translation, tutoring, etc.

I'm sorry your husband is being so stubborn and a bit selfish.
magz88 likes this.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
February 19th, 2012, 08:39 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Run a home daycare, start an online nursery if you enjoy gardening and have the space.
February 22nd, 2012, 04:13 PM
Super Mommy
You could breed purebred dogs or cats. I hear there is a good market for them, but I haven't looked into it myself.
March 3rd, 2012, 09:46 PM
rachkel's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh there are tons of options out there!

*I've heard of virtual assistants, but I don't know much about them.
*If you like throwing home parties, there are companies like Mary Kay.
*You can sell Avon -- I almost did that, but decided against it. I don't have a huge passion for their products.
*There are companies like Primerica, which is a financial thing. Or ACN, which sells phone, internet and cable services. But I know the ACN thing is $500 to start up.
*I went with Team Beachbody. I like fitness and helping people. It was the best fit out of all the companies for me.

Just think about what you're passionate about, research on google and go for it!

Visit my blog! Lots of health and fitness insights... including pregnancy!

www.HealthFitnessLove.wordpress.com

April 15th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Veteran
This post is a little old so you may have found something by now. But when I decided to stay home with my daughter I decided to post on Craigslist to find another child or two to watch during the day. I have been doing that since she was 5 months old! I also own a home based business called Scentsy. It brings in a few hundred dollars a month which is super helpful!! Just have to get creative and find what is right for you!! Hopefully you have already found something!!
September 28th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Look up consumer testing and market research companies in your area and start calling around to see if they have any focus groups or how to get your name onto the list for a focus group. These can pay anywhere from 50-200 dollars and are usually very easy!
October 10th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Have you thought about Scentsy? I just joined and I enjoy it so far.
October 21st, 2012, 11:50 AM
I am a WAHM and have been with Tastefully Simple for over 2 years. I love that I can work 2-3 hours a week and still bring a great income to help support my family. I also love the fact that I get a great discount on products to cook healthy meals for my family. Maybe something like this would work for you?
January 22nd, 2014, 04:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry that you're struggling. I totally know the feeling. This post is quite old, so you probably have found a solution by now, but if not, I'm happy to help. Let me know.

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches
July 30th, 2014, 08:46 PM

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search