Time Management?

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2012, 09:57 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi All! I am a work at home mommy. I work in the event marketing industry and contract myself out for various projects. Right now I am working on a project managing an East coast marketing staff of about 30 people over 6 different states.

I have worked at home for the past 5 years and up until now loved it! My boys were older so it was much easier. Now I have a 5 month old daughter and having a hard time adjusting to tending to her needs vs. taking client phone calls, dealing with the emails, spreadsheets ect...

I feel like I am spread to thin and while my husband/sons tell me I am doing an amazing job I feel like I am failing. My house is a mess and I am forced to work late hours to make up for the time I spend during the day taking care of the baby.

How do you all manage your time? work vs. childcare vs. housework?

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

Last edited by missy123; April 27th, 2012 at 04:24 PM.
April 28th, 2012, 11:49 PM
JeanZ's Avatar Member
Hi Missy!
I am a work at home mom too and I do most of my work on my iPhone. My daughters are at age 7 and 2. This is long but Here's my schedule:
Wake up, check my email while I'm in bed (I like to lay around for 10-15 min before I get up) feed my kids, take my daughter to school, come home, have some coffee and typing away on my phone or computer for about 30 mins or until my daughter wants my attention, have a play time with her (she likes to read and exercise), then put her for a nap. While napping her I'm on my phone typing away. Then I clean the house and prepare lunch so it's ready when she wakes. If I have spare time I will sit down and get on my computer and work until she wakes up. Then I feed her and get ready to pick up my other daughter from school. We then work on homework when we get home and eat some snacks. Then I start making dinner. When I'm done I'll sit down with the girls and have some tv time to watch their favorite shows. Then we have dinner. Then I get them ready for bed. My husband works late so he doesn't get home until after the girls are asleep. So pretty much all the housework and taking care of their kids are done by me. I work when I have time. Luckily I have an iPhone which gives me the ability to work anywhere I go. 95% of my work is done right on it and it works for me! I know work can be a bit overwhelming with a newborn but just hang in there. You will be adjusting just find. It's every mom's skill!! Best of luck to you and your 5month baby (that is my favorite stage for babies)
I'm a wahm of 2 girls and a German Shepherd
May 8th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Story's Avatar French Canadian
I wake up, get the kids ready for school.
Then they leave around 7:30 AM, I start working, Klaus watches TV or plays video games. I work until 11AM, when I have to make lunch for the girls.. and during the afternoon, I do house work and stuff.
If I have more time I work again a little bit..

that's usually this. I work in the morning, house work in the afternoon.

Mom to Maèva (11), Nadjat (9) and Klaus (5)

May 14th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My house is a mess, that's how!

But I too do most of my stuff in the morning and make lots and lots of lists and daily goals.
wicklesskaren.scentsy.co.uk Have you tried some Scentsy yet? It smells fab!

May 18th, 2012, 01:08 PM
I have a planner and it is my Bible! I get up with the kids in the morning and spend at least 2 hours with my youngest after my oldest goes to school. I also exercise and shower in the morning. After that, I spend a few hours on my business and then it's family time when my oldest gets home from school. I don't work anymore until after they go to bed.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search