Mommy of 1 1/2 desperate to be a SAHM

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2013, 05:24 PM
babygreenes.mommy
Hi, my name is Sarah and I need your help. I have 1 daughter who is 5 months old and I'm about a month pregnant with my 2nd. I REALLY want to become a WAHM so that I don't have to leave my children to go to work. My husband has a job but not one that pays well enough that I just don't have to worry about bringing money in myself.

I need something legitimate, and I really want to get started as soon as possible. Please somebody help me because I don't even know where to look.
January 25th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Check out Work at Home Jobs: Free Legitimate Work From Home Job Opportunities They are all legit work at home jobs that are categorized.

There is also www.alpineaccess.com, VIPdesk - Making Great Brands Even Better, Working Solutions among others. U-Haul hires work at home agents also, so does American Express and cox. Just a few places to start anyway without knowing your skills set or what kind of money you're looking to make. There's also the option of running a small daycare out of your home as well. Good luck!
January 27th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Veteran
Be a freelancer. Check-out odesk.com but mind you starting is the hard part but thats normal.
February 25th, 2013, 08:26 PM
I've worked from home for 5 years around my family! Best decision I could have ever made! What I do is your own business and you have to work hard, but at the same time be around your family! I set my own hours and earn a reliable income that has replaced what we were making with our small store-front businesses we had prior to this. Be careful, some things require large investment and risk, and a lot of them don't last long. Another reason I love what I do is because I know they will be around for a lifetime and there's no risk or large investment. Hope you find the best match for you!
February 27th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Hi Sarah, I think I totally understand your situation (been there; done that) having a small child and then expecting another is really a point where you are almost desperate to be a WAHM…. BTW here are some questions that might help you get into the right direction being a work at home mom.
1. What are your skills? List them out and search online for possible online employment
2. Can you handle work schedule? Remember, even working online as a freelancer requires commitment with your client.
May 23rd, 2013, 07:09 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With 2 small children, will you have anyone available to help watch them? The reason I ask is because if not, you probably won't be able to get a job doing any kind of work on the phone. They like you to have a 100% quiet work space.

Freelance writing might be a good fit! There are no set hours, just deadlines, and you don't have to be one the phone.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
October 2nd, 2013, 06:35 PM
Super Mommy
I couldn't imagine leaving my baby, so I'm very happy I can work from home. I'm a medical transcriptionist and I've been working from home for 4 years doing it. It's very flexible and totally doable with kids around.

Here's some info I've put together about what I do: What is Medical Transcription? - Careers in Medical Transcription
November 5th, 2013, 11:40 AM
MrsEskimo's Avatar Member
Hi Sarah,

There are hundreds of possibilities.

I'll suggest two ideas that are reputable, yet capable of bring in money sooner rather than later.

1. Freelance writing.

This is a popular field, the pay is good, and getting work is very easy. Judging by your writing, I'd say this is a strong possibility. I best not post links here (not sure if I'm allowed), but just google places to sell articles. Average pay is $5 for 500 words; more if it's a specialized subject. There are also great forums to sell them on (again, not sure if I can post). You should also sell on Fiverr.

2. Fiverr.

Talking of Fiverr: this is a great marketplace for you to sell goods and services. I have 4 gigs on here myself that are top rated. I get several hundred new customers a month. It takes a while to build up but it's a solid business for a mom. There are tons of tips and tricks involved, all of which can be learned for free.

I hope that helps!
January 28th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Sarah,

There are definitely legit work from home jobs out there. I'm working from home currently with my 15mo old daughter and 14 weeks pregnant. If you want to learn more, shoot me a message.

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search