Work from home

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2004, 11:47 AM
I am a new SAHM. I quit my career/job a month ago. I would like to know if anyone knows of good work-from-home opportunities. I see all these things online like "Get paid to answer surveys" and others. But I am skeptical. I have thought of doing some crafts, etc. What does everyone think? Are online opportunities worth it or should I stick with the crafts thing?

Rebecca
September 9th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Super Mommy
We have another thread going right now about the same thing, so I won't repeat all that. If you end up going the start your own biz selling crafts route, I can help you out there! But be sure to read our other thread!

<span style="colorurple">My Sweetdreams Baby~Shopping cart covers, hooded towels, superhero capes and more!</span>
September 9th, 2004, 05:48 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
There are so many good companies out there. I wouldn't do any of the survey businesses or anything like that I think most of those are scams. What I would do if you want to work from home is a direct marketing business or start your own website. I personally think the direct marketing businesses are great. These are the reasons I like this approach.

-low start up. You don't have to invest in lots of supplies or inventory to get started
- you usually have access to someone who knows what they are doing with this and can train you on how to succeed
- if you are going to sell something anyway, why not get a commission on training other people to sell the same products
- you can do it all from home
- despite what people say about not being good sales people, you don't have to be good at sales. Think about it, do you like pushy sales people or someone who is easy going.

If you want to start your own website selling something you are good at making or doing, it is so easy to get started. Let us know what kind of things you are interested in and we can give you more help.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
September 11th, 2004, 06:19 AM
ConnectingRainbows's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
On-line surveys are not always scams, but they certainly won't pay the bills. I participate in a couple survey panels. One of them just gives points for surveys which you can eventually redeem for cash or prizes. I've been doing it for quite a while now. I've only made $40 total, but that's $40 I didn't have before. I've also gotten FREE stuff to try which I really like. I just finished doing a survey for laundry detergent. They sent me a month's supply to use.

Tired of feeling like you have to be superwoman, caring for everyone but yourself?
You don’t have to! JourneyToJoy.com
September 11th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Super Mommy
I do surveys too and have made about $50! Oh and check out www.secretshopper.com I do that once in a while and have made money on that too! Not much, but like she said, it was money I didn't have!

<span style="colorurple">My Sweetdreams Baby~Shopping cart covers, hooded towels, superhero capes and more!</span>
September 22nd, 2004, 06:47 PM
Regular
Check out the mommy business directory. There are alot of different businesses on there and its a little safer than other ways you can look. These are other moms doing what works for them.
September 22nd, 2004, 06:48 PM
Regular
Check out the mommy business directory. There are alot of different businesses on there and its a little safer than other ways you can look. These are other moms doing what works for them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search