We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I am trying to decide what I should do about my graphic design business. I am getting a lot of leads from it and usually design at least a few banner or button ads a month. Some people purchase as part of an advertising package but a lot of people want ads designed to use on other sites. So I am trying to decide if I should make my own website for it. I was working with my mom and her site purrfect-expressions but for several reasons I have decided to do this by myself. I do sometimes ask her to help me with things but I can do most of this all by myself.
These are my reasons for wanting my own site
- I can advertise it on other sites that may not let me advertise now because I am a competiting site
-I can market it better in search engines
- I can promote it better with a www name
- people may feel like they are going to have to purchase advertising to get graphic design done the way things are now
- I have other reasons but those are the biggest
These are my reasons not to do it.
- Justmommies takes up sooooooooo much of my time. Designing ads is time consuming and if I start having to do a lot of them I am not sure that I will have time for Justmommies
- I think that I can get a decent amount of traffic to my sample page here. I think I could redesign it so it was marketed better and people would know they don't have to purchase advertising, they can just purchase graphic design
- I would have to spend time designing a page and working on getting it into search engines, Justmommies is already ranked well and gets a lot of traffic.
I am just not sure. I think I could really start making some money if I worked at this more. I have too many things on my plate. I am totally neglecting my UBB business that I really love because I have so much going on. I could use some feedback.
I am still thinking on this. It wouldn't cost me any more for hosting. I can host more than one site with the package I have right now. I think I may just leave it the way it is until I have time to design a site. And maybe use both. Keep my sample page and everything here and sell from another site as well. I am just not sure if I want to do this full time or not. I like designing ads but I am afraid if I have a lot of them to do it will be too much for me. Justmommies takes up a lot of my time. And graphic design is time consuming. I don't know if I can handle doing it full time thats all. I am still thinking on this. I try not to be too impulsive.