Can you recommend a work-at-home opportunity?

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Hi, my name is Jewlie, and I just gave birth to my first child, a little girl named Nova Rain, almost 3 weeks ago. I am LOVING being a mom, and the thought of going back to the factory and being away from her for 10-12 hours a day builds a huge knot of dread deep in my stomach.

Can you recommend any work-at-home opportunities? I would give about anything to stay home with her...since I turn 31 today, we are also planning on trying for our second child after Nova turns a year old.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Links, your experience, earnings, what to watch out for...anything.

THANK YOU!
September 5th, 2013, 06:07 AM
A friend of mine found a way to use her college degree and make a small amount of money on the side. She is able to interview prospective college students online via Skype and get paid for it. If she likes the candidate, she writes them a letter of recommendation based on the interview.

Interesting concept that I'm going to pursue myself. I've been trying to find ways to make a little bit while keeping my schedule flexible. Hoping this can be something helpful.

Message me if you would like to know more.
September 8th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Most people I know who have their own business are either spiritual workers of some description (readers or alternative healers) or crafty people who are able to make clothes, hats, scarves, bibs, cards, cakes, etc.

You could start by thinking about the skills and interests you have and whether you could turn that into an income stream. An FB page is a good way to dip your toe in the water as it's essentially free (though you can pay for advertising) and you can offer giveaways, freebies, contests etc to get people interested, but show pictures and advertise the stuff you're selling as well. I started mine last September ish and started by getting friends and family to like and share it. I now have 1000+ likes, and a good proportion of those people have had a paid reading or bought crystals from me.

I used to make a bit doing online reviews too, I do it via Ciao.co.uk, I don't know if there's a similar site based in the US, Canada, Aus, etc. You do need to have a decent writing ability or be willing to read others and learn and improve as a lot of the money I made came from the pot that's divided up amongst the best reviews of the month.

I have also tried ChaCha (google it) which is basically using the internet to answer questions as quickly as possible. It's a service that people text from their mobiles from anywhere to get an answer on the move. It's fairly easy to learn but you do need to have dedicated stretches of time to sit down to it, not one you can just leave in the background.

I also know people who have done well working with Scentsy, Posh, Avon, and similar, but from what I have seen they do have to put some graft in.

September 29th, 2013, 05:32 PM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a friend that works from home doing customer service. They have to provide their own equipment (headset, computer, etc) and you basically work a typical work day but they have fulltime/parttime. As far as I've read, you are basically in an office without leaving your home, so you would probably need someone to help with baby for the few hours of your shift. The pay didn't seem huge but it was something.
I'm tempted to try it even though it would be a bit of a pay cut for me.
October 2nd, 2013, 06:31 PM
Super Mommy
I can so relate to you about not wanting to leave your baby! If I'd had to go out of the home to work, I think I would have just quit!

I work from home as a medical transcriptionist. Here's some info I put together about what I do: What is Medical Transcription? - Careers in Medical Transcription
October 3rd, 2013, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelbreeze View Post
Hi, my name is Jewlie, and I just gave birth to my first child, a little girl named Nova Rain, almost 3 weeks ago. I am LOVING being a mom, and the thought of going back to the factory and being away from her for 10-12 hours a day builds a huge knot of dread deep in my stomach.

Can you recommend any work-at-home opportunities? I would give about anything to stay home with her...since I turn 31 today, we are also planning on trying for our second child after Nova turns a year old.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Links, your experience, earnings, what to watch out for...anything.

THANK YOU!
It's happy to hear that you have decided to work from home. There are numerous number of ways to do make money online...
  1. Sell Arts and Crafts Online
  2. Become a Virtual Assistant
  3. Stock or Forex Trading
  4. Reselling Business Online
Reselling online is where you can buy Domains at cheap rates and sell them for the price you fix...I am doing it with the help of - Low cost domain names, domain transfers, web hosting, email accounts, and so much more. where they offer you with free online storage,Deluxe Email account etc....
November 5th, 2013, 11:29 AM
MrsEskimo's Avatar Member
Hi Jewlie,

There are plenty of work at home opportunities for moms. The trick is not to jump right in and whip out your credit card. You get can started for free by simply learning with online resources.

Here are some ideas to get your researched kickstarted:

1. Affiliate Marketing
2. Kindle Publishing
3. Fiverr
4. Surveys
5. Social Media Management

There are hundreds of options. Best of luck!
November 6th, 2013, 12:33 PM
I totally understand where your coming from, I felt the same way about returning to work! I was lucky enough to find a business I could do from home. It was really important to me to be able to be home with my son but also help with the bills. Feel free to message me if your still looking and want to learn more! Good luck in your search!
December 25th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelbreeze View Post

THANK YOU!
There are many ways to make money online....I prefer Reselling Business online.Reselling Business is where you can get a service or products from one provider/dealer and fix your own prices for and earn commission by selling those services or products.I got reselling plan the site GoResellers.com where i set my own prices for domain name, hosting plans,seo service,ssl certificates etc...
January 4th, 2014, 03:06 PM
If you are good at writing I would suggest article writing. Two popular sites that will pay you to write articles are iwriter(dot)com and textbroker(dot)com. Good Luck!
January 22nd, 2014, 03:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I work from home with a company where you don't sell, stock, or ship products. You don't push others, and it's all around your own schedule.

Happy to answer any questions you may have.

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches
April 9th, 2014, 07:50 PM
KalliRyRysMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I just started trying to work from home myself and know how frustrating it can be to find a work from home business that can be successful especially when there are so many scams around. I went with two companies and so far I'm doing pretty good in one and had just started the other one today. One is with a recently founded all natural make up company which I absolutely love (I get paid Immediately after 3 hrs an order is placed) and the other is a jewelry company (affiliated marketing). Find something that you enjoy doing, whether it'd be selling make up, jewelry, handbags and etc because when you enjoy doing some,thing in your job that's when you can really feel motivated in trying to get your business up and running.

"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." ~Rajneesh

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search