question for Nicole...

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2005, 01:01 PM
mommyang's Avatar Veteran
ive been to your website quite a few times now, and i must say its awesome! you have so many things in there that my backside goes numb before i can even make a dent in all that information...lol

what i am wondering is how do you decide which home based businesses to list on your site? there are so many out there that "claim" you can make such and such amount of money, doing whatever it may be, but how do you know if theyre legit? because you only list legit businesses, right? just wondering...

thanks!

angie
April 21st, 2005, 01:35 PM
Super Mommy
Hi Ang. I do look into everyone who wants to advertise on my site. And, the products and resources are mostly ones that I've personally used. But, even so, I recommend that everyone does due diligence on their own and researches with the BBB and the DSA to ensure that there aren't complaints against that company. I can't guarantee that a scam won't make it onto my site. However, I'm working on a section about avoiding scams for that very reason.

Even more important than looking into the company is to really feel comfortable with your sponsor. There are many Sponsors out there with GREAT companies making up their own rules and hurting those of us who are legit. So, really take your time and resist anyone trying to pressure you into making a quick decision.

Direct Sales can be awesome. Where else can you have your own business for under $200?! lol. I'm in two companies that I love, so I can fully say it can be great. BUT it is hard to weed through all the choices to find the one for you.

HTH,
Nicole

PS. If my site is overwhelming, then I recommend you take the ShowMomTheMoney tour at
http://www.showmomthemoney.com/Marke.../SMTM-tour.htm
I created it to help walk you through the site in 20 lessons.
April 21st, 2005, 02:10 PM
mommyang's Avatar Veteran
thanks Nicole for responding so quickly! ive actually thought about doing direct sales with a company called Kara Vita. i went to a clinic last week and thought it was pretty interesting. start up cost is low, so im thinking of trying it out. if i can get a good response, i just may try to pick another to do as well, but i need to start slow. no way do i want to overwhelm myself! im going to check the tour later tonight after the kids go to bed, so i can look uninterrupted.

thanks again

ang
April 21st, 2005, 07:09 PM
Super Mommy
Here's the website for the DSA - http://www.dsa.org

and the Better Business Bureau is http://www.bbb.org

I haven't heard much about Kara Vita. One of my two businesses I do is a skin care line, though, and I do know that the reorder factor on a consummable product is nice.

I do wish you the best!
Nicole

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search