Who hosts your website?

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2004, 09:48 AM
Trouble'76's Avatar Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Trouble'76
Just curious. I am working on getting on online business up and running and I was wondering who everyone uses to host their websites.

Are you happy, overall? with the service you are getting?

Did you create your own web site or use a provided template?

Are you getting free domain registration through your host?

How hard is it to maintain your site?

Any compatibility problems with using mac(apple) computers vs a PC and your host? your website? managing your site?

Just a few of the questions I have...

thanks a million!
Victoria
September 13th, 2004, 06:48 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I LOVE my hosting company. It is very important for the type of site I have for us not to have a lot of down time. I had so many problems with my old host. We have gone down twice in the last three months maybe. The site was down for a short while today but they resolved it quickly and emailed me. I don't expect any hosting company to be perfect. Even the best of sites go down sometimes. I have seen hotmail and google even have parts of their site down before. But I expect prompt attention when there is a problem.

I think they have templates as an option but I am not sure. I don't use templates. They offer frontpage extensions if you use frontpage.

They will register your name for you, I believe. But I already used godaddy for my name registration so I just stuck with that.

What kind of site are you wanting to start? If I can help you any let me know.

If you would like more info on my hosting company feel free to email me or check out the link for professional internet on the bottom of my home page.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
September 13th, 2004, 08:22 PM
Super Mommy
I am currently using ehostpros. They are only $5 a month which is nice and have been very easy to work with. You do have to build it all yourself. Actually though, I think you can buy a website builder for like $12 extra. Anyway, you can host as many domains as you want through them for the same cost which I love!

I WAS using WAHMShoppes. If you are looking for an easy and well setup host, that is a good one. Everything is built right in from shipping to adding products and building the site. Very nice. But, you don't have quite as much control of your pages and it is run by only one man which can be a downfall if he is too busy to help! It is $7 a month!

<span style="colorurple">My Sweetdreams Baby~Shopping cart covers, hooded towels, superhero capes and more!</span>
September 14th, 2004, 01:18 PM
SillyMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to SillyMama
I use WAHMShoppes. I like them except for the fact that there are some things you don't have the freedom to set up like you want, but if you are looking for somthing easy to set up and work with then they are great. You have the option of using premade themes, custom HTML or a combination of both.

It is run by only one man like Amber said, but they do have forums with lots of people that have used the host for years and they are usually quick to help you with as much as they can, if the owner isn't around.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search