Ideas for other people--

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2005, 03:58 AM
Alice's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do tutoring for extra income. But I've had several discussions lately, around home and online, about suggestions for other people. Here are some that have come up: (EAch has details I won't go into: insurance liability, hidden costs, etc) This is just to get you started on what might work for you.

1) Plan trips for Senior Citizen Centers &/or Schools. You would make up a portfolio of educational field trips for the kids (or handicapped accessible ones for the Seniors), a list of bus companies and their charges, the charges and activities involved with each trip, etc. Then you present your ideas to the Principal or Center director. You can find lots online, and if you're persistant enough, probably come up with some trips they haven't ever thought of. Then you run the trip: send home the flyer, make sure there are enough chaperones, give each child a ticket on the way to the door, etc.

2) Party planner. You go online (again) and find all that's out there-- clowns and moonbouncers and people who will come to your home for caricatures and song sessions. A parent comes up to you and tells you that Susie wants a Princess Party for these 15 friends. You buy the invites, mail them out, handle RSVPs, purchase the goody bags and the activities-- a tiarra decorating craft, Pin the Crown on the Princess, etc. So it's a personalized party for parents who are just too busy to plan it themselves.

3) My husband is GOOD with a camera. He works part time with a local photography studio taking pictures of little kids soccer, baseball, etc, as well as shooting high school sports. (He teaches high school, so some of what he gets paid for is right in his own school.)

4) Tutoring-- great for any former teachers. I do mine at home-- the girls down the block watch my own kids.

5) Professional web surfer. Put up fliers at local colleges. You will provide the raw data for research papers. (NOT pirated papers; you're doing the work a librarian would do: helping find the articles so the college student can write his own paper) He provides you with the topic and an outline. You go online and find sources to accompany the outline he gives you. You print them up, and charge either by the page or by the article.

That's all I have at 6:57 am-- what ideas can you come up with?
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
<a href="http://siggiez.com/countdownz/ch/index2.cgi">
October 18th, 2005, 10:51 AM
Alice's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anyone???
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
<a href="http://siggiez.com/countdownz/ch/index2.cgi">
October 18th, 2005, 02:37 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Hehe...most of my ideas revolve around FOOD! (The gift basket idea, therefore, sounds GREAT! And it's one I've thought about many times...) My husband's friend used to have a VERY lucrative business in high school--he bought bagels, cream cheese, fresh-squeezed OJ, and a NY Times and delivered them to businesses and homes before school. Took NO time and he made enough to pay for several European trips, among other things...

October 27th, 2005, 12:44 PM
marilu1973's Avatar Regular
Quote:
Originally posted by iamkc@Oct 18 2005, 03:37 PM
Hehe...most of my ideas revolve around FOOD!* (The gift basket idea, therefore, sounds GREAT!* And it's one I've thought about many times...)* My husband's friend used to have a VERY lucrative business in high school--he bought bagels, cream cheese, fresh-squeezed OJ, and a NY Times and delivered them to businesses and homes before school.* Took NO time and he made enough to pay for several European trips, among other things...
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
November 7th, 2005, 05:44 AM
Super Mommy
I have a list on my site
http://www.showmomthemoney.com/businessideas.asp

Here are some of the ideas that I've gathered ...

> Crafts for profit
> Fundraising
> Garden and lawn maintenance
> Housecleaning
> Home daycare
> Internet auctions
> Massage therapist
> Mystery shopping
> Photography business
> Professional organizer
> Start a website
> Telecommuting
> Travel agent from home
> Virtual assistant
> Window cleaning
> Write an ebook
> Write a novel
> Writing freelance

More Work from Home Business Idea Resources:

> Bed and Breakfast
> Catering Business
> Day Care
> Cleaning Business
> Doula
> Event Planner
> Face Painting
> Florist
> Life Coach
> Loan Officer
> Makeup Artist
> Medical Billing
> Personal Shopper
> Personal Trainer
> Real Estate Agent
> Romance Writer
> Wedding Planner
> Write a Children's Book
> Yoga Teacher

I love looking at this list and seeing all the potential for Moms to become business people. It's such an exciting time for women to start businesses.

If you're thinking about it -- go for it!
All the best,
Nicole

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search