Hey get in here

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2005, 10:45 PM
JGoldinger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JGoldinger Send a message via MSN to JGoldinger Send a message via Yahoo to JGoldinger
I was just wondering who all frequented this board and was wondering what you would like to see on it.
Jennifer-

<div align="center"></div>
June 23rd, 2005, 11:20 PM
Shandusky's Avatar Super Mommy
I sift through looking for hopefull possibilities that don't require alot of investment up front.. but that look promising for stay at home opportunities.

Just nothing looks like it would fit.. there's so little time with a baby when your home with them. =/
June 24th, 2005, 01:17 AM
JGoldinger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JGoldinger Send a message via MSN to JGoldinger Send a message via Yahoo to JGoldinger
Quote:
Originally posted by Shandusky@Jun 24 2005, 12:20 AM
I sift through looking for hopefull possibilities that don't require alot of investment up front.. but that look promising for stay at home opportunities.

Just nothing looks like it would fit.. there's so little time with a baby when your home with them. =/
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

I COMPLETELY AGREE!

I have been searching and searching for a SAHJ and have yet to find one where you dont have to invest a certain amount of money in...

So.. i have decided to start my own e-buisiness i dont know how well it will work but i am willing to take the risk! I would rather risk money in MY OWN buisiness then give some one else money for some thing that doesnt work out

<div align="center"></div>
June 27th, 2005, 10:53 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
We used to have a lot more members on this board, in fact, it used to be one of our busiest forums.

As far as home businesses, there are tons of them and most of them have very low start up costs. I don't think investing a hundred dollars is much to invest especially considering that you usually get a lot of resellable items in the start up kits. I have made money at more than one direct sales company. The main reason I am not working with one now is not because of money but because of how much time Justmommies takes. I tried to do both and I just couldn't handle doing both. But I did get customers rather quickly when I was selling UBB and had a couple team members underneath me when I quit. I only did this for a couple months so I don't think it was too bad.

Some companies that I know are low start up are Usborne (they had a special start up kit for $29 not too long ago) , Arbonne (I think its around 35 dollars to sign up) , UBB (unique baby boutique, around 99 bucks and you can split up the payments), Avon only costs ten dollars to get started in, and there are many more. I think that is a low cost investment and certainly worth trying. You really don't have a lot to lose for trying it. Just my thoughts, and I have nothing vested in this since I am not doing any of these companies.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search