We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Most direct sales companies have a policy that they will repurchase your start up kit if you are not happy. I know when I was in Mary Kay, I purchased $2000 worth of inventory. I did well with it for a while but when I got out I sent my inventory back. They reimbursed me ninety percent of what I paid for it. I made atleast that much in profits while I was doing Mary Kay so I did not lose money.
Most reputable direct sales companies will repurchase your start up kit if it doesn't work out for you.
If you don't do direct sales, start with a small investment. Don't spend a ton of money on advertising. Just spend the minimum on what you need. You should be able to atleast earn back what you invested. Do your research. See how much money you need to break even. If you take a loss you can write it off when you file your taxes. I am not an accountant so I don't know everything with this but I think that if you keep your start up costs low then you should go for it!
Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
1) Original Ideas
2) I don't like 'regurgitating' goods.
3) I don't like MLM or other "sign up under me, and then sell the goods, and other memberships!" programs.
4) I'm too nervous to try to save up tons of money to invest.
5) I'm shy when it comes to going out and doing things that are out of my norm.
6) I feel like after putting everything I have into it, I am going to get nothing but burned.
7) How much time do you really have, working from home with babies? I feel like I have hardly any time when I'm with my baby. He takes up so much right now. What is a good age to start?
8) The legal side. I don't want to get sued for something stupid! If you pour your heart and wallet into a venture that isn't regurgitated, then your on your own to fend for yourself and your business with little help. At least, that's what I'm fearful of.
and I'm afraid that if I do one of those that is taking calls/orders over the phone... that Grace will be screaming in the background or something and I'll get in trouble or not be able to do the job anymore!