Do any of you Mystery Shop??

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Radish4ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many of you do mystery shopping? I do and I *love* it!! So far, I am scheduled to mystery shop 4 restaurants (2 times each), 2 gas stations, and 1 beauty supply store in August.... Extra $$ and free meals!!

I'm not sure if it's okay to post some of the companies, so I'll just post a link to a site with about a gazillion sites you can sign up to work for!

http://www.volition.com/mysterylist.asp

I have also done mystery shops at bowling alleys and Wal-Mart.
Basically, mystery shopping is signing up for a shop at a specific location, going to that location and doing the assigned "job" (like purchasing a meal or bowling 2 games, etc), and coming home and scanning/faxing the receipt and answering a series of questions about your job (ex: What was the associate's name, how long did it take them to greet you, etc).
Sometimes the companies pay you for the meal/purchase AND a commision, sometimes they just pay you for your meal/purchase......... anyway, I think it's really fun and wanted to offer it as something fun and not very time consuming for other mommies out there!

BTW, I'm not affiliated with the site I just listed - I hope it's ok to post here!
July 26th, 2005, 11:15 AM
JGoldinger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JGoldinger Send a message via MSN to JGoldinger Send a message via Yahoo to JGoldinger
I think that is ok

I have a question for you though. Did you have to provide a credit card and what not with the company you work

How do they reimburse you

and how much do they pay you

<div align="center"></div>
July 26th, 2005, 11:29 AM
You don't PAY to do mystery shopping - I KNOW there are a billion websites that you have to PAY to get a list of mystery shopping companies, but they are BULL! Don't pay for it! All valid mystery shopping companies let you sign up for FREE!!!

I found another site with places you can sign up:
http://www.pocket-change.com/mystery.htm

Most companies pay me with Paypal, but a few send checks in the mail within 45-60 of the shop (They send the reimbursement and the commission if there is one - most companies pay within 45 days)

It depends on the shop how much you are paid - When I go bowling I only get $8, but I get reimbursed for 2 people, 2 games, 2 pairs of shoes, and 2 snacks....

It depends on the shop - usually between $5-10 plus some kind of reimbursement for a purchase
July 26th, 2005, 11:59 AM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
How did you find these Jenn? I wonder how I would find them in Canada.

July 26th, 2005, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ChristaT@Jul 26 2005, 01:59 PM
How did you find these Jenn? I wonder how I would find them in Canada.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
It's been so long that I don't remember how I originally found the lists!

Go here:
http://www.volition.com/mysteryint.html
for a listing of "international" mystery shopping companies - There are lots in Canada!
July 26th, 2005, 05:08 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I forgot about this. I used to have a link a long time back for mystery shoppers and merchandising jobs. You can get jobs putting up displays like sunglass displays or greeting cards and such. I don't know how many of you have experience doing merchandising but we used to get a lot of different merchandisers at the store when I worked at Kmart and Big Lots. Some people even brought their kids to the job. I know there are legit mystery shopping jobs cause they were always giving our store bad reviews. LMBO!

I will see if I can find this link but I had this place bookmarked a few years ago.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
July 26th, 2005, 07:06 PM
JGoldinger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JGoldinger Send a message via MSN to JGoldinger Send a message via Yahoo to JGoldinger
That would be great patty

Hey Jenn what are some sites that you use on there? I was curious about that

<div align="center"></div>
July 26th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Service Check, Kern, Corporate Research International, Quality Assessment Mystery Shoppers, and there are a few others - I HIGHLY recommend QAMS and Kern!!
July 26th, 2005, 07:58 PM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
Thanks Jenn and Patty!

July 29th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Firelily
awesome! I'm going to check them out

July 31st, 2005, 07:43 PM
Veteran
I did mystery shopping for about a year for the YMCA, Harris Teeter, Lowe's, Blockbuster. I felt it was taking too much of my time and gas money to do them. After all the driving around and having to spend 5 bucks at the grocery shops in order to get paid 15 for the shop just didn't seem worth it to me. Plus, the grocery store shops are very involved and have tons of questions to be answered. It was fun at first but got boring after a while. I stopped doing them.

Happily married mom with a 10 yr old and 4 yr old kidlets
July 31st, 2005, 07:56 PM
I just did 5 mystery shops this weekend for a sandwich shop and I have 4 more fast food shops and one beauty supply shop to do this week (plus a buffet shop as well!) - I love mystery shopping. As long as you select shops that really are pretty close to you (I only accept them within 15 miles or LESS!), you can make pretty decent money. For the ones I did this weekend, I got $8 per shop + a free sandwich.

Really, you just have to choose shops that are close and worth the money. I have turned down or chosen not to "apply" for lots because they aren't worth the pay.......

Anyway, I love it!!
August 7th, 2005, 05:55 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally posted by Radish4ever@Jul 31 2005, 09:56 PM
Really, you just have to choose shops that are close and worth the money.* I have turned down or chosen not to "apply" for lots because they aren't worth the pay.......

<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
I live right outside a fairly large city and they have tons of shops available each month. Most of them are no more than 10-15 from my home. IMO it's still a waste of time to only make $15 on a grocery store shop when I have to go when they assign the time, talk to four or five people and get descriptions and I have to time myself in line and keep track of stuff. It's just not worth the 15 bucks to me. I guess I just have higher expectations of mystery shopping. I don't know, by the time I've spent the gas even driving just 5 miles (with the high price of fuel) it just isn't worth it. It's like working a part-time job just to pay for a child to go to daycare. I'm not making anything.

The best shop I've done so far is the YMCA. They pay $20 just for going in and getting a tour, that takes like ten minutes most of the time. But they are so spread out that you have to drive farther in order to get enough to make any money.

Happily married mom with a 10 yr old and 4 yr old kidlets

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search