New JOb

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2005, 10:53 PM
JGoldinger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JGoldinger Send a message via MSN to JGoldinger Send a message via Yahoo to JGoldinger
Ok so right now i have a job!

I am watching a set of 3 year old twins w00t...

Here is the sucky part this week i am only getting $100 for it.. and well they said we would talk about it after that. I am hoping to not have to bring this up. But if i do i dont even know what to tell them that i want. I mean i would at least like 150 a week but 200 would be really great. And i think that is pretty reasonable for twins and what not... i dunno i need

also i am thinking about taking on another one just for two days a week but i am not sure about this one

and i do all of this AND get to stay with my little angel also!

<div align="center"></div>
August 18th, 2005, 06:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay! Sounds great!!! You should send a PM to one of the girls in our DDC. Her name is Courtney (CShellAK) and she's been a nanny for, I think, over 5 years. She might be able to help ya out with what to charge and such.
August 18th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Super Mommy
Sounds fair to me. I think they're getting a bargain right now. You know, the more they pay you the fewer kids you'll have to bring into your home and the more attention their twins will get (that might be a good point to make to them.)

August 19th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Stephanee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i just got offered to watch a two year old 3 days a week mon, tues, and friday for 150 a week... 100 bucks for two kids no way!! that wouldn't pay for bills!

August 20th, 2005, 11:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to Miss. Impatient Bevis
i am looking into running a CDH (Child Development Home) through the military and they say that you should charge between $3 and $5 per hour.... per child... so with that... if you have each child for 8 hours per day and they are with you 5 days a week.... working it out at a cost of $4 an hour.. you should be charging $320 for both of them.... plus they are supposed to either pay for the food you serve or bring food of their own....
yeah i would be upping the price...
good luck!!

August 21st, 2005, 12:03 AM
Radish4ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's great! I hope you can get at least $150+ from them per week from now on - That's only fair for your HUGE time investment!
August 21st, 2005, 07:21 PM
Send a message via AIM to JGoldinger Send a message via MSN to JGoldinger Send a message via Yahoo to JGoldinger
rumor has it i get a pay bump this week... we will see!

August 23rd, 2005, 04:04 PM
monkey71786's Avatar Super Mommy
hey give it time. you will get a raise......... it just might take a little while.

August 28th, 2005, 03:09 PM
darlajortega's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
thats a great price, it would cost her at least 400 for daycare center!!!!
August 31st, 2005, 03:45 PM
Shandusky's Avatar Super Mommy
That "Darla" in your sig is cute.

for the posts... You should make up your mind how much these kids are costing you to care for them.. are they brining their own food, eating yours? What things are you willing to provide? See if you can come up with what they are costing you... Then, add your time (How much do you think you should earn per hour for as many kids as you will have that day) and devide it up into per child.. one child = this.. two children = first child x2 (And maybe give them a 'twins discount' if you want to) but.. really... that's your COST of taking care of them.

Expenses, + your time per hour x how many hours you watch them = What you should charge.
August 31st, 2005, 08:56 PM
Regular
Wow I wish I could find that deal! I pay my neighbor $60 for taking my three year old for three hours a day M,W,F, If they would have to put the twins in daycare all week it would cost them at least $1200 - $1600 a month!

I would talk to them about that. Even though you get to stay at home with your baby you are taking time away from your baby to tend to the other little ones so you have to factor that in.

Good luck!
September 1st, 2005, 08:18 AM
Well they ended up putting the kids in day care. So i worked only 2 weeks. Which i was not told that it was going to be that short... kind of aggrivating but oh well.

I now deliver pizzas for dominos... yhea... i think to myself you know what its a job. I have applied to so many places and this is the only one that has bitten back. But last night was my first night and made 40 in tips along with regular pay which is 5.15 but for a wenesday night i think thats pretty good... now to stash it away.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search