how did yall find what you do

Forum: Work at Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Work at Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2005, 12:17 PM
MamaOf2Angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaOf2Angels
hey girls,
well my story is this... im recently broken up with my boyfriend.. well a month or so and the guy im with now and i will be moving in together before the baby is born. And i dont want to have to leave my newborn to work. but i want to work i was hoping from home but how did yall find your great jobs? ive looked online but its so hard to desifer whats real or a fake they want money kinda thing...

AManda

THANKS STEPH2007 for my amazing siggy!!!!!!!!

1 month old : 9 pounds 9 ounces 23 inches long
5-21-11: 26 pounds down! GO ME!
October 23rd, 2005, 05:55 PM
Alice's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Amanda,

Well, for me it was easy: I used to teach and now I tutor. I don't know if it's "great", but it's extra cash and helps pay some of the bills.

I think the trick is doing something you're already good at or comfortable with. So tell us something about yourself: your interests, education, past work experience, etc, and we'll see what we can come up with.

In the meantime try www.allworkathomeideas.com to see whether there's something that interests you.
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
<a href="http://siggiez.com/countdownz/ch/index2.cgi">
October 23rd, 2005, 08:34 PM
MamaOf2Angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaOf2Angels
hey thanks for posting back to me..

well see i only finished up until 11th grade. fully at least. i moved out a few months before my senoir year was over. it was a messy time but its just how it happened.

After i moved out i became a nanny. but i just dont see how i can be a nanny with a new born i mean im sure its possable but i dunno if i even want to ....

another reason i dont want to work away from home is because i dont drive. ive never really wanted to so i just never got my liscense. So i couldnt even do a job where i drive around with my baby because of that. umm im really not sure what interests me. some kinda secretary thing but from home would be amazing but there arent many people who are willing to hire someone out of home like that im sorry im not helping a lot but i guess i just dont knwo what i wanna do yet

AManda

THANKS STEPH2007 for my amazing siggy!!!!!!!!

1 month old : 9 pounds 9 ounces 23 inches long
5-21-11: 26 pounds down! GO ME!
October 24th, 2005, 11:48 AM
marilu1973's Avatar Regular
Hi!

What I do in order to stay home with my kids and earn money, I work for a wellness company I do marketing and advertising and I do it online and over the telephone (NO its not telemarketing)

You dont need a degree or experience or anything you earn depending on how much time and effort you invest.

This is a legitimate work from home the company is a member in good standing with the BBB and has been in business for 20 years!

To find out more you can visit: http://natureborn.fourpointmoms.com

Hope this helps
October 25th, 2005, 06:23 AM
Alice's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Forgive me if this is totally out of line. It's certainly not what you asked for.

Why don't you get your GED? If you were already into your senior year, you probably know enough info to pass the test. There are SO many more opportunities available to people with at least a high school diploma.

Try www.pbs.org-- I think they have a state-by-state link to the requirements for the equivalency diploma. If you're having trouble finding it (I'm not sure it's the right link), let me know and I'll hunt down the right one.
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
<a href="http://siggiez.com/countdownz/ch/index2.cgi">
November 14th, 2005, 09:56 AM
wind_ryder's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to wind_ryder
I sell clothing on ebay. I got into it after my ex moved out and I was feeling lonely. So I surfed the web and discovered Ebay. I started spending a little too much money (it gets addictive) and decided to sell some of my own stuff. I started off with just a cheap webcam. Then I started checking out the goodwill across the street and had a few really good sales. I was working at another job at the time and just did this on the side. It took me a while to get the hang of it so it was good that I still had a stable source of income. About 7 months ago I quit my job and started doing this full time and haven't looked back since. My sales increase every month as I learn what to look for and what sells.

I found out I was pregnant a few weeks ago. My husband's job wasn't very stable and when he saw how good my sales were in September he decided to get involved too. He sells vintage electronics and is learning about clothes (which is good because I can send him out alone when I'm feeling tired or sick from teh pregnancy). We're doing so well that we're hoping to be a down payment on a condo in trendy downtown Toronto at teh end of 2006 (or hopefully sooner..my dad emailed me this morning and offered to help us with a big chunk of money).

I started doing this when I was 21 and I'm 23 now. My husband is 28 and has owned a business in the past so I'm lucky that he'll know how to handle the taxes and related things. Plus, I love working with him! We met at a call centre, working together and now we're working together again

BTW I have no post secondary education. My husband has some tech education. I plan on going back to school eventually but I'm just pointing out that you don't need schooling do make it on your own
November 14th, 2005, 07:39 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There are pre-screened job listings at www.wahm.com and it is a free website.

November 16th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Cassie Send a message via MSN to Cassie Send a message via Yahoo to Cassie
I'm a consultant with Slumber Parties, and I'm starting to get into selling on ebay.

December 20th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Kelly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Hi!

What I do in order to stay home with my kids and earn money, I work for a wellness company I do marketing and advertising and I do it online and over the telephone (NO its not telemarketing)

You dont need a degree or experience or anything you earn depending on how much time and effort you invest.

This is a legitimate work from home the company is a member in good standing with the BBB and has been in business for 20 years!

To find out more you can visit: http://natureborn.fourpointmoms.com

Hope this helps[/b]
What is it exactly that you do there?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search