hopefully things are settling down

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Loss Graduates Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've missed you ladies! Things have been way to hectic here. Apart from settling in from our move, Sally is still working on her top two molars, and has not been sleeping well, so of course Mommy has not been sleeping well either. I also hurt my back last week carrying her around trying to get to go to sleep, and I've had a lot of trouble walking and such. Thankfully that is healing, and I'm going to the chiropractor tomorrow to help speed it along. I told DH today that I totally need a vacation.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

April 16th, 2008, 09:54 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've really missed you, Sara! I'm glad things are finally settling down for you. Bummer on the sore back. I popped my neck over the weekend when I got up to feed Alex in the middle of the night. Thank goodness for chiropractors! Hope yours gets you all fixed up.

So how many teeth does Sally have now? Have you found a pediatrician in your new town?
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
April 20th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sally has 16 teeth now, and hopefully this is it for awhile. She started with a molar at nine months, and over three months later, we've got all four molars and incisors through, although the top two molars STILL are not all the way in. We're beyond ready to be through this round of teething. She hasn't slept through the night since 9 months, so now I'm back in that total sleep deprived mode again most of the time. I've actually started feeling sorry for pg women again, which should tell you how it's been going.

We did get her a pediatrician, and she had her one year checkup, which she screamed through from start to finish. She's 75% for length, 50% for weight, and "off the charts" for head. I'm a bit worried about her lack of weight gain, as it was about a pound in three months, but I know they do slow down at this age so I figure it's okay. She still doesn't eat too many solids, although that's definitely picking up.

As for me, I reinjured my back to the point where I could barely walk, so I spent yesterday morning at the urgent care. Between the chiropractor and the steroids from the regular doctor, I'm doing a lot better, but I've got to do some physical therapy and get a shot in the back next week. Apparently my SI joint in my back is still wacked out from being pg. I told Sally that she left me a souvenir from her time in the womb.

I've missed you guys too! It's been so much harder to get on the computer now that Sally is cruising around (not walking quite yet) and is into everything and mad when she can't get on the computer too.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

April 21st, 2008, 01:17 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ooooo...SI joints can be wicked. I had to do PT for mine several years ago. I'm bad about sitting with one foot tucked under my leg and that can throw it out of whack quick.

Sounds like Sally is just moving from chubby baby into longer leaner toddler. Glad she had a good checkup, even though she screamed the whole time. I can't believe she's got 16 teeth already! Holy cow. Alex has 8 in front and I think he's starting molars. We're not sleeping either. The last three nights he'll only sleep while nursing.

And I hear you on the getting into everything. Alex has tons of toys, but prefers to clear the shelves of everything (DVDs, computer discs, books, etc.). I think we're in for a busy year!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
April 28th, 2008, 10:08 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am right there with you ladies on the teething & lack of sleep. Jonah only gained 1.5 lbs from 7.5 months to 12 months 7 I JUST took him last week for a check up due to fever & he has an ear infection (nothing major thankfully - no meds or anything) and he actually lost weight since his 12 month. Dr said not to worry - it's normal with BF babies to be on & off solids from teething & he had a stomach bug a few weeks back, etc... So anyway - my Dr said he wasn't at all worried & that he looked very healthy & happy - especially for having an ear ache & running a temp (he was hamming it up). Also wanted to add that walking he said thins them out a bit...and that Jonah's head is also still way off the chart. We're going to have to start the "big head gang". His winter hat is a boy's size 4-7...GEESH!

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search