Who's Talking Now?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Loss Graduates Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2008, 01:43 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What's your little one saying these days? Any new words or phrases? Anything that just cracks you up?
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
May 5th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nick is only a few weeks away from turning 2 and his vocabulary is huge. He was sitting at the dinner table eating mac and cheese tonight and I walked by him and he demanded that I "sit down" immediately in the same tone I say it to him when he's standing in his chair. Now when he poops his pants he comes to me and says "change uck". He repeats every word we say so it's hard to pick out the words he says the most. I can tell you the one thing he refuses to say is "please". I told him he couldn't have another bottle until he said please first and he is so stubborn he has gone without a bottle for 3 days because he wont say it. I don't know if I like the fact that he hasn't gotten a bottle or hate the fact that he wont say please.

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
May 6th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Quote:
I don't know if I like the fact that he hasn't gotten a bottle or hate the fact that he wont say please.[/b]
LOL That is a quandry.

Alex doesn't have a whole lot of words yet, mostly momma, daddy, and nana. He'll say "all D" while signing all done/finished. He's trying to say "cookie", which is his favorite sign. And up until this weekend he would refer to my bbs as "nay-nays". This weekend he started lifting my shirt to nurse and asking for "my mommas". That one cracked up everyone.
May 8th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Duckie. Everything is duckie. Ad everyone who is not Mommy or Daddy is "Kiki".

Need Breastfeeding Support?

May 12th, 2008, 07:44 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He repeats a ton of words when you say them, but doesn't necessarily spontaneous use them. The ones he will use on his own are mama, dada, gamma, papa, Ahlette (Marlette), Derek (Marlette friend that she says is not her boyfriend), tickle tickle, kitty kitty, please (sounds like pish), yes (sounds like esh), go, there (sounds like dare), and I *think* he says mine..it sounds like nie...but he says it when he wants something (he repeats it a LOT...nie, nie, nie, nie...LOL).

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

May 13th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
He did it, he did it!!!! I broke his stubborn will and he finally said please!!! He got into his diaper bag and found the bottle I keep in it and brought it to me and said "more baba peees". How could I say no? He went a week without one because he wouldn't say it.

May 13th, 2008, 02:40 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
He did it, he did it!!!! I broke his stubborn will and he finally said please!!! He got into his diaper bag and found the bottle I keep in it and brought it to me and said "more baba peees". How could I say no? He went a week without one because he wouldn't say it.[/b]
I am glad he finally found out that momma has a will of steel - LOL.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

May 14th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Hooray, Nick!
May 15th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay, something that makes me laugh!! He came running in the livingroom last night and he was just laughing his booty off. Then he said, "mama, I toot!" and he squated down and he did toot and he laughed and then squated again and said "toot again" and he did and laughed like it was the funniest thing ever done. I couldn't help but laugh at the fact that he has realized now how to make himself toot and HE THINKS IT'S FUNNY!!! I truly have an ALL boy!!

May 15th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Now that's a boy! Of course, Sally thinks it's pretty funny too, but I blame Daddy for that.

May 16th, 2008, 09:38 AM
ROFL! Boys crack me up!
May 19th, 2008, 12:28 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Gaby... well... my little girly ain't so ladylike!

4 of her new favourite words:
- fart
- bugger
- fu..k
- sh..t

..... No idea where she picked up the last three from, as I make sure to keep my language very clean around her!!!!!

Other than those 'lovely' words, she says
- moo
- woof woof
- neigh
- dog
- cow
- sit
- bread
- bikkie (biscuit)
- cheese
- teeth
- tiger
- Mama / Mummy
- Dada
- Poppa
- Nan
- Terri
- teddy
- poos
- bed
- duck
- frog
- book
- toast

... Um there are lots more!

May 28th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Our latest is "stinky". It cracks me up. Awhile back I started asking Sally if she had stinky feet, and now she grabs her foot and says "stinky".

May 28th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sara, Sally is too funny!!

Today Nick started saying "Boom chicka chicka boom boom" like a the sound a marching band makes because Brandon was making that sound while taking care of him and now he walks around the house and repeats it over and over.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search